Chapter 40

YN P.O.V.

I didn't get any sleep last night. All I could think about was Danielle and where she could be.

Diggy went and did some tracing with the detectives for our baby girl while I stayed at home and tried to get some rest.

I got off of the couch and began to walk up the steps until I noticed that Danielle's bedroom door was open.

YN-What the hell? I asked myself.

I swear it was closed last time I checked and it was now a crime scene so there was no reason for her door to be open.

I walked up the steps quietly as I heard someone talking in a baby voice.

I slowly opened Danielle's bedroom door to see a woman sitting in a rocking chair holding Danielle.

Danielle-Mama. She giggled and reached for you.

My heart became filled with joy as I saw my daughter.

I ran up to the woman who had her head held down and took my baby from her.

YN-Hi munch! You said while kissing all over Danielle's soft face as she giggled.Ahhh mommy loves you! I told her.

The Woman-Awe, she looks just like you. *Smirks*

I laid Danielle in her crib then walked outside of Danielle's room with the unknown woman.

YN-Who the fuck are you? I asked her.

She touched my shoulder.

The Woman- Calm down. *Smiles*

Her voice was so familiar...

YN-Don't touch me. *Look at her hand*

She didn't move her hand...

YN-Bitch I said don't touch me!

I moved her hand and punched her in her face.

We began to fight like we were wild animals on the floor until she kicked me in my nose and I fell backwards onto the floor.

I felt blood on the corner of my mouth and on my nose.

She picked up my foot and dragged me down the hallway towards the steps until I found the strength to kick her in the middle of her back and stand up.

YN-*Push the woman down the steps*

I watched her tumble down the steps as I walked after her.

YN-You came into my house. *Punch her in the face* You touched my child. *Punch her in the face repeatedly*

The woman choked you by your neck and dragged you back up the steps.

The Woman-My name is not bitch! My name is Lauren!

That's when it all came back to me. Her voice was familiar. This was my bestfriend Lauren from high school. She had my back through everything, we were basketball stars at school together before I left and moved here. Why was she doing this?

She continued to choke me as she flung the top half of my body over the railing.

YN-Mmm. *Gasping for air*

Lauren-BITCH! DIGGY WAS MINE! THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY BABY! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY LIFE! She choked me even tighter.

I felt my baby move around in my stomach at the same time I heard Danielle begin to cry. That was all of the strength I needed to fight back again.

I kicked Lauren in her stomach and picked her up by her ankle then dangled her over the banister head first.

My cell phone rang at the same time.

YN-*Answer your cell phone with one hand while dangling Lauren with the other* Hello?

Diggy-*On the phone* I'm on my way home baby...

YN-Diggy bring the police and I'm gonna have to call you back. I hung up and flung my phone onto the floor.

I felt my baby kick causing me to drop Lauren.

She gripped onto the railings and hung.

I stared at her for a moment watching her struggle.

YN-No! Grab my hand! I yelled as I reached for her.

Lauren-*Scoffs as her grip loosened up*

YN-Lauren take my hand!

I couldn't let her die.

Lauren grabbed my hand but didn't try to pull herself up.

YN-Come on. Pull. I told her as I tried to get her body out of the air.

Lauren-*Kisses your hand* I'm sorry. She said letting go of my hand and dropping to the floor.

YN-LAUREN! I screamed as her body fell to the floor motionlessly.

Diggy's P.O.V.

I heard a loud bang come from inside of the house and YN scream as I pulled up with the police and the detectives outside of our house.

I tried to run inside but the officers held me back.

Diggy-NO! NO! THAT'S MY WIFE SANTIAGO! I told the detective trying to get pass him and into the house.

Detective Santiago- Diggy you can't go in there.

Diggy-SHE'S PREGNANT! I yelled at him.

Detective Santiago sighed.

Diggy-Man please. Come on. I spoke to him as my voice cracked.

Detective Santiago-Gerald, accompany Mr.Simmons. He told an officer.

Neighbors and paparazzi began to swarm around our house as me and this police officer walked in.

The first thing I saw was YN at the top of the steps with a look of terror on her face.

Diggy-Babe wha-

YN-Diggy look down... She mouthed to me with tears rushing down her face.

I looked down and saw Lauren with a gun pointing at my chest.

I swallowed hard.

Officer Gerald-No sudden moves. He whispered to me.

It was silent...

Until I heard my baby girl begin to cry at the top of her lungs.

Lauren cocked her gun and pulled the trigger as a bullet shot right through my chest and I fell to the hardwood floor.

Officer Gerald-MRS.SIMMON'S GRAB THAT BABY AND GET OUT! He yelled as I saw him shoot at Lauren until she was dead. MAN DOWN! He yelled out the front door as I dozed off and everything went black.