Paradise, The Ending

Chapter 19

POV Syrup

Ingredients should stay still and accept their fate. It is annoying for the cook for the fish to flop on the board. If it's already out of the water, what's the point of resisting? Unless you have the power to defy fate, like myself, then it's simply pointless.

A short sobbing woman stood in my way but I pushed her aside and I stood in front of the broken form of Captain Celebrity. To be honest, I was quite impressed he had managed to survive...well, not really. If he doesn't receive medical attention immediately, he would end up dying in half an hour or so which was remarkable for someone after being hit by State of Anarchy. As a general rule, nobody under the power of a Yonko Commander (general. Not an actual power level) should be able to tank that.

Still, I did give my word and I was here to finish it. My foot was on his neck to rack it when a hand grabbed my other foot. I knew who it was before I turned but I gave him the courtesy and turned around. If he had anything to say, it would only delay death by a couple of seconds.

Anderson: If you kill him...then our nation is done for...

The president of the world's largest Hero's Public Safety Commission organization did not look so good as he muttered out those words. In truth, I doubted what he said was true. Captain Celebrity, for what I know, had already worked outside of the United States for a certain period of time in addition to being stripped of his Hero license multiple times. Each time America did face some difficulties with some new upstart villains but it was nowhere near the reliance that Japan had on All Might.

Anderson: He has flaws yes...and attacking you was a mistake but he represents us better than anyone. Take me instead. A worker's blame is on his superior, and I am the superior.

A moment of thought. No deep thought needed here.

I merely wanted to keep my word and if this would fulfill it, then it was fine by me.

The foot that was on CC's neck was removed before being placed on the brave man's neck. He was a fool...but quite brave. I would give him that.

Me: I'll give you the courtesy of saying your last words. Do you have any?

Anderson: ... God bless America

I brought force down onto his neck as a clear *snap* was heard around the room.

A Day Later

White House Congress

Third Person POV

Alexander: Yesterday will be a day of disgrace in the United States of America. A day in which America was attacked by a figure known as the World's Greatest Vigilante; Snowfallen.

The United States was with peace with the individual having no former contact or conflict. Should we have encountered her, we are certain that the United States would have attempted to form peaceful relations with the foreign vigilante.

Having no such contact or any context, The United States was hit while blind from the said person leading to great casualties that are broken only by the 'Great Age of Vigilantes' over 50 years ago.

While an act of self defense was considered, the casualties of over 200 civilians and three dozen armed members of the Federal Defense Force and 3 heroes including top-Hero Captain Celebrity has cleared any doubt that the assault was deliberate and intended.

The conflict beginning in the State of California has wrecked air havoc across the entire nation to where we stand now, the White House. A distance of over 2,800 miles during which lead to the defeat of Captain Celebrity, the top ranked Hero of the United States of America.