Chapter 8 - A Little Sin

[tw: more food/eating]

[A/N: romans number is not real do not call it its just a new york id and then a number spam plz dont call it i shouldnt have to say this]

[A/N #2: i use https://ifaketextmessage.com/ for the text parts btw if ur curious]

Janus was confused.

Very, very confused.

He sat in his car, staring at the top of the steering wheel. He wanted to move, he wanted to just drive home and collapse into bed and maybe touch up his makeup and maybe do some more scrolling on tumblr until the wee hours of the morning, instead of sitting here questioning his sexuality.

This was dumb, this was stupid, there was no way that a single person could make him wonder if he liked guys.

And yet Roman had done just that.

He'd questioned his sexuality before. Of course he had. There was always that one extremely pretty dude that just happened to show up in one specific class, or maybe a particularly dashing fellow that waved to him every once in a while. But he'd always just...given up. The guy always disappeared and he went back to not giving a fuck.

But Roman...didn't disappear. He was going to be there for a while. He was friends with Remus, he was bound to run into him often. 

No. This was ridiculous.

He started the car and pulled out of the spot, checking over his shoulder to make sure he didn't crash into anyone. 

He drove through the neighbourhoods, finally pulling into the street outside his house. He turned off the engine and got out, dragging his backpack with him and pulling his lanyard off his neck, twirling it absently. He fit the key into the lock, twisting it to the right and letting the door swing open. He put his ID on a small hook next to the door - an old habit, and one that made sure he remembered it - and walked into the kitchen.

There was a small note on the fridge. He pulled it off, scanning it quickly.

I've got another night shift. There's some food in the fridge, but if you want to get takeout, there's $15 upstairs.

Make sure you do your homework if you have any.

Love you, honey. 

-Mom

Great. He could panic all alone. He pulled out his phone and send a quick text to his mom, explaining the tech situation, before plugging it in across the kitchen, going back to the fridge.

An apple. Sure.

He grabbed it and collapsed onto the couch, reaching for the remote and taking a bite from the apple. 

He fell asleep and hour or two later, exhausted from the school day and Roman and worrying. He woke up again as the sun shone in his face, checking the clock. Seven. 

He rolled onto the floor and stood up, making his way back to his phone. Five messages.

One of them was a smile emoji from his mom. The other four were Remus.

 The other four were Remus

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Janus laughed to himself. Revenge Party was the one song Remus had made him listen to from Mean Girls. It wasn't too bad. He quickly texted back.

 He quickly texted back

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Janus blinked.

What?

No. No.

Impossible.

Janus rolled his eyes

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Janus rolled his eyes. He finished the apple and set it aside as his phone buzzed again.

 He finished the apple and set it aside as his phone buzzed again

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

He made a new contact, leaning against the counter.

The two texted back and forth for a few more minutes before Roman send a short little 'Virge woke up'

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The two texted back and forth for a few more minutes before Roman send a short little 'Virge woke up'. Janus set his phone down, sighing.

Time to question.

He opened the Notes app on his phone and started a list.

- ??? Do I like Roman???
- Criteria: Romantic feelings
- ??????????

Janus threw his phone across the room.

I Thought I Loved You Yesterday [Roceit High School AU]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें