XIX

i came back from the hospital three days ago and I'm settling well. eomma and hyunjin took care of me and i feel so grateful to have them in my life. today is the day. it is my mothers funeral and today is the day i will be forced to let her go forever. i'm not ready.

i got ready and wore a black laced dress with black heels. i felt mentally weak. i feel like I wont be able to pull myself together.

i gaze around. i see my  family, brought together, to pay our respect to who we have lost. countless numbers of dark figures standing around. the sadness corrupts my inner soul.

I tried to retain my tears as i constantly told myself that “i would not cry.” i was successful until i glanced at my cousins, the immediate family, and saw tears pouring out of their eyes. suddenly, I couldn’t hold it back and I just let it all out. thankfully hyunjin and eomma were by my side.

"in the name of god, the merciful father, we commit the body of park areum to the peace of the grave" the priest declared.

the priest continued with the service. as he finished his speach, the coffin started to lower down into its space.

3rd person pov

as the coffin slowly gets lowered, y/n looks down with tears forming. she couldn't help it, but to cry along with the others that were crying. she was in deep pain. to know that that was the last time she would ever see her mother again. she couldn't help it but to start and run to the coffin, getting closer, but hyunjin stops her, knowing what she could do. she was held back my many others so she cannot escape their grip. she fell down to her knees and cried like it was her last day.

end of pov

with tears still forming as I slowly calm down, myself, my aunt, and my uncle, we all grabbed a handful of earth and threw it onto the coffin.

the service ended and we all had a family gathering at the restaurant everybody wanted to go to. it was my mothers favourite so we decided to have dinner in honor of her.

we all sat our own tables but still talking to one another. i sat with hyunjin and eomma of course.

we all order our food and wait for it to arrive.

after they arrived we ate our food and we headed back home.

i decided to get changed, out of my depressing clothes that I'll probably throw away cause this dress has bad visions, and take a visit to ni-ki's house.

i hop in my car and head over to his house. i slowly form tears in my eyes but i tried so hard to keep them in.

i arrive at my destination and was immediately greeted by a warm and tight hug off ni-ki and his mother.

"how are you feeling kireina, im so sorry" ni-ki felt genuinely upset that I lost my mother. even though me and my mother weren't close, i still loved her with all my heart.

we all went in the living room and decided to put on a movie to ease my mind. we had some popcorn and a cup of tae.

i snuggled my head onto ni-ki's chest and his mother looked at us in awe. her eyes lit up seeing ni-ki smile and starting to blush.

he rubbed my head, causing me to fall asleep on his chest as the movie continues. he slowly drifts off to sleep aswell leaving his mom to switch off all the appliances and placing a huge, soft blanket over us.

i wake up to find ni-ki gone, leaving me curled up in the blanket alone. i stand up and rub my stuffy eyes and walk around the house looking for ni-ki, eventually finding him in the bathroom running a bubble bath.

"hey kireina. sleep well?" he asked with his usual charming smile glowing up at me. i nod my head yes and shuffle over to him.

"watchu doing?" i asked with a raspy voice, either from sleeping or crying. which one, i dont know. he looked into my red eyes with sympathy and replied softly.

"running you a bath... i thought you might like one to relax and wash away some sadness..." damn this boy is just wow!

he stepped out of the bathroom so i can get undressed. i stepped into the cosy bath as i covered myself with the amount of bubbles in the tub.

ni-ki knocked, requesting if he can come in and I agree to his request. he kneels down next to me, looking deep my eyes.

he stood there for a good few minutes and broke the contact, by standing up and walking behind the tub. we both have a soft conversation as he grabs the shampoo. he decides to wash my hair for me, starting off with shampooing my scalp. he slowly massaged my scalp, and rinsing it off and then repeating the process. then he moves onto conditioner. he rubs that in my hair and leaves it in for a few minutes.

as he does, he slowly puts his hands around my shoulders and starts to message them slowly, loosening my muscles. this, this is nice. this made me feel relaxed. more relaxed than I have ever been. one of my favourite mornings so far.

a/n sorry for such a short chapter but I am running out of ideas to keep the story going so the next chapter might be the last :/