XVIII

i-where am i. why the hell does it smell like a- oh wait huh? I flutter my eyes open due to the light that was beaming down. i hear voices around me but my vision isnt clear enough for me too see who's in here with me.

"ill call the doctor, to let them know shes awake" i hear a worried voice say. it sounds like a woman.

"y/n, are you okay?" a mans voice spoke, more like a young man. oh its ni-ki.

"w-what where- where am i" as I said those words my whole body ached. i felt pain like never before. more physical pain.

"your in the hospital, do you remember how you got here"

"i- wait what? w-w-what happend"

"well uh- I'll tell you later. you have enough to be worried about"

seconds later a doctor comes in with a women, oh that's- hyunjins mom, wait why is eomma here.

"hello mrs park. how are you feeling" the doctor spoke in a calming voice.

"kinda scared not gonna lie, and in pain"

he did a few check ups on me to see if i was okay. he told me that i have to stay in the hospital for a couple of days due to my injuries. sorry but may I ask again what happend.

a few hours gone by and I'm more awake. ni-ki didnt leave my side once unless he needing to go to the bathroom, but that's different.

"riki"

"yes- wait what did you just call me" ni-ki responded with the biggest smile slowly growing on his face.

"what happend" i said smiling at his question but you see the nice person I am im ignoring it.

"so when i went to the bathroom i heard a huge crash, and well uhm, a car and this truck crashed into eavhtouer causing it to crash into the restaurant, and you and my mother got injured-"

"what oh my god is your mom okay?" i sit up on my bed worries to fuck.

"yeah she's fine, your more injured than her though"

"as long she is okay I'm fine" i say as I let out a sigh and place my back on the hospital bed. "do you know who was in the crash"

"speaking of that, i- i do. she's in the hospital room 7 rooms down from us" he nervously spoke as he grips the back of his neck.

"oh who is it" i say as I take a sip of water from the bottle of water I got.

"its- its your mom y/n" he slowly spoke. hearing his response i spit out my water and i burst into tears. i couldnt put my head around what he just said. someone hears my loud sobs and the person who came bursting in my room, knowing what ni-ki had told me, was hyunjin.

he looked at me with tensed eyes and walked, neat ran over to me, grabbing me into the tightest hug.

"y/n i'm so sorry- she will be okay" hyunjin pulls me in closer with tears forming in his eyes.

a few minutes goes by, I'm just here, worried as hell about my mother. i hear the doctors coming in and speaking to hyunjin and ni-ki about me and ni-ki's mother.

"how bad is her injury" hyunjin whispers to the doctor.

"very, very bad. we dont know if she can make it" the doctor answers.

the doctor continues speaking and soon after he leaves. ni-ki and hyunjin ask if i can walk but when i stood up i almost collapsed but hyunjin caught me. he placed me on the wheel chair provided and he rolled me to ni-ki's moms room first.

"ah y/n hello" she said with a smile hiding her pain.

"hello, how are you?"

"I'm doing quite well. i hope you are getting better, I heard how serious your injuries are, please be careful"

we talked for a bit and so did ni-ki and then we left so i can visit my mother.

we walked in and electrocardiogram is beeping, alot of wires and tubes around the small area. my mother is just lying there. i look at her and I start to cry as I grab her hand.

"im- I'm sorry eomma, i never knew this would ever happen, i- I'm sorry for everything I've done. ill always love you-" i whisper to her with tears falling down from my eyes. I felt a small grip ok my hand realizing my mother woke up.

"y-y/n- its okay. im- sorry for- what I've done- you- you'll always be my baby- i love- you" she stutters with a hoarse voice. we continue to whisper back and forth, talking our time, until the ecg makes the long beeping sound, indicating someone has died. and that someone is my mom.

"eomma, EOMMA" i drop my head onto her bed and shes tears. i felt heartbroken. knowing the last time we saw each other, was a constant fight. i never knew this would be the last day with her. now I'm alone.

"eomma, please. please dont leave me. I know we haven't been on the best terms, but please, I'll make up for it" i ball my eyes out and I couldnt stop for a second and hyunjin comes and comforts me. "i promise"

hyunjin and ni-ki was lost for words, they didnt want me to lash at them, which is understandable, so hyunjin came over and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. I've never felt so alone before. this will be my last moment with her.

i start to cry heavily onto hyunjins shoulder, not being able to stop.

after a very long crying session I was sent out of the room and I had to go back. i got onto my bed and just looked up, staring at the ceiling.

"how long has she been staring at that ceiling" ni-ki comes in after visiting his mom and telling her the news of my mother.

"almost 2 hours. she wont eat her dinner" hyunjin answers and looks at me with a worried expression.

"oh y/n" hyunjins mom comes in my room running towards me first. and of course that made me cry. "you know if you ever want to stay at our house, you are more than welcome, and I'm sure you can stay at ni-ki's house I'd you're allowed of course"

"she can come anytime" ni-ki said.

"now will you eat your dinner. please" eomma asked.

"i-im not hungry"

days go by and I cant tell if I'm getting better or not. my injuries are starting to get better as I can walk now. but I'm mentally drained. i just really want to cut- no. I'm not.

I can leave today if I'm able but if I'm not I can stay for a bit longer.

ni-ki's mom was able to leave 2 days ago but ni-ki went with her but immediately came back. hyunjin and eomma went to my house to get a few of my things to bring over.

"how are you feeling kireina?" ni-ki asks as he slowly lies down next to me and i cuddle into his side as he rubs my head every so gently.

"im okay" i whisper. "thank you for being here riki. thank you for staying, you have no idea how much that means to me" i tell him and i look up to see him smiling at the name I've called him.

"of course. I can't leave you, your too important"

my mothers funeral is in 3 days and safe to say is im not ready.