"THAT'S IT?!"

"Mhm." I nod.

"You can't rely on other escapees to be able to easily adapt as you all have," Sonju informs them.

"But, I do occasionally hear about theft, in which a demon steals from a farm because they want to eat humans. But that's on rare occasions." Their horrified look on their faces came back again.

I had to change the subject so they wouldn't all have nightmares that night, it would be very unhelpful if they got no sleep for our final trek to B06.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

As we fix up food and get ready for sleep later, I notice Ray go off by himself with the pen.

I was up practicing my magic, trying to learn the more difficult magic in the book. I shut it and walk from behind him when he was relooking at the message from Mr. Minerva.

I put my head on his shoulder with my arms around him, the magic book between my upper arm as I looked at the pen screen.

"Hi," I greeted quietly.

"Hey, what are you doing up?"

"Practicing more magic, the complicated ones have me straining to keep my eyes open."

Ray pats my head while still looking at the message.

"Why are you prioritizing magic over sleep?" he asks me, taking a short glance at my tired form.

"The destructive spells, I could try using them to fight off the demons." I shrug. "Even though it probably won't do much to them unless I hit their middle eye," I mumble in his shoulder.

"I've been getting a little better at lightning, working on trying to cast something called a Lightning Cloak-"

Ray interrupts my talking by lightly tugging my horn.

"Uck," I coiled my lips at the very odd and ticklish sensation of him touching my horns.

"You should really go to bed." He tells me, taking away my spellbook.

"Hey, wait I need that-"

He holds it up above his head. "You'll get it back tomorrow-"

I take it out of his hands with ease.

Ray takes it back and maneuvers so it'll get tedious if I keep trying to get it. So I stop.

I grumble, "Fine you win..." I rub my temples.

"Good," he cups my face with one hand, pen, and my spellbook in another.

"Now, go sleep. We have a big day tomorrow."

"Yes, mom..." I roll my eyes, I practically saunter back to where everyone else is sleeping.

Since I was up for a while, I fall right into a peaceful sleep.