Complete

(Meredith POV)

As I hold my newborn baby boy in my arms with my husband close by, I can't help but feel like the luckiest woman in the whole world.

"Oh, he's hungry." I announced. Derek helped me situate Bailey In the right position and Bailey latched
On to my breast quickly. I winced at first, but then got used to the feeling. "You okay?" Derek asked softly. "Just weird. I'm good." I replied.

My hormones are all over the place right now, as they should be. My mom died but my baby was born. I domt really know how to feel. I'm thrilled to have met my baby boy. He's barely 15 hours old, but he's making my life so much better.

(Derek POV)

Watching my wife feed my son his first meal was truly one of the best moments in my life. Bailey was beautiful, he looked just like Meredith, with some blonde fuzz and green-blue eyes.

Meredith looked happy, but I could tell she was exhausted and that she was juggling her emotions. "He's asleep. Can you put him in the bed?" Meredith asked. I nodded and gently took Bailey from her arms and placed him in the tiny bed.

"You okay?" I asked again as I noticed her groan when she shifted. "A little sore. I'm fine." She replied. I laid down next to her in bed and wrapped my arms around her. "It's okay to be sad." I whispered. "She's gone. And I don't know what to feel. It's not okay." Meredith replied. "That's okay. Just know that it's okay to show your emotions. You don't have to be strong all the time, especially in front of me." I said softy. She nodded and buried her head into my chest.

"Get some sleep. Your exhausted." I said. Not putting up a fight this time, she nodded and quickly fell asleep.

(Cristina POV)

Alex, George, izzie and I were all sitting in our room when I got a text. "Mer had the baby!" I exclaimed. They all rushed over and I pulled up the picture of him. "Bailey Bear Shepherd. Awwww, I love it!" Izzie gushed. I chuckled and smiled. "It is cute I guess." I said with a shrug. "Proud of you. Fetus looks just like you." I sent back.

"Shes come a long way." George says. "She has. Maybe the accident wasn't the worst thing to ever happen." Izzie said optimistically.

(Derek POV)

I woke up to a knock on the door and stood up to let them in, revealing my whole family, including my sisters. "Derek!" My mom yelled in excitement. "Shhh, they're both asleep." I said as I ushered them away and out of the room.

"How is he? How is she? What's his name?" They all
Asked at the same time. "Calm down." I said with a chuckle. "They're both good. It was a rough delivery but she's okay. And his name is Bailey. Bailey Bear Shepherd." Derek replied with a proud smile. "Oh Derek!" Mom exclaimed as she threw her arms around me, as did my sisters.

"What do you mean rough delivery?" Nancy asked. "Emergency C-section. The contractions were too much for her muscle." I replied. "Wow. She's okay?" Lizzie asked. "She's okay. But, uh, her mother just passed away a few hours ago." I warned. They gasped. "How?" Mom asked.

"I think heart attack. But she had Alzheimer's too." I replied. "That's awful. Is she okay?" Kathleen asked. "She's...confused. She's okay because our son was born, but she's also not okay because her mom died. She'll be okay though." I said. "Derek?" A voice called from Merediths room. I walked in and smiled, my family right behind me.

"Oh. Hi." Meredith said In surprise as my sisters and mom walked in. "Hi." They said, enamored by the tiny bundle in the tiny bed. "He's awake." I said as he picked Bailey up. "This...is Bailey." I said happily. "Oh, Meredith, he looks just like you!" Mom exclaimed. Meredith laughed softly.

"Want to hold him?" I asked. Mom nodded and I placed the small bundle in her arms and watched proudly. "My baby boy had a baby of his own." She said tearfully. I smiled and grabbed Merediths hand. "How you feeling Meredith?" Amelia asked. "Sore. But good." She replied.

(Meredith POV)

Bailey was passed around from sister to sister until he decided he wanted to be held by me. I wasn't expecting dereks family to show up, but it was okay. Derek placed Bailey into my arms and instantly stopped crying. "Your a natural." Carolyn praised lightly. I smiled and laughed lightly.

"Sorry about your mom." Lizzie said. I inhaled sharply. "It's okay." I said quietly as the door opened.

"Mark!" The shepherds exclaimed. "Hey guys! Where's my newest nephew?" Mark asked excitedly as he turned my way. "Hey little guy." He whispered as he tickled baileys belly softly. "How you feeling Grey? I heard what happened." Mark asked. "Good. Sore." I replied. "Shep, your a father. I can remember playing baseball in the backyard like it was yesterday." He said as he gave Derek a manly hug.

"I'm a father." Derek repeated proudly. "Congratulations you two." Mark said as he chatted quietly with the shepherds.

"He's hungry again." I whispered to Derek. Derek got his family out, leaving just the family of 3. Meredith breastfed Bailey again and looked at Derek. "I love you." He whispered. "And I love you." He said as he kissed mine and baileys forehead. "We love you too." I said.

Hey guys!!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! So, next one is the last chapter :( hope you guys are doing well!