"I can't wait to be a struggling artist in LA just absolutely taking advantage of Luke." Calum laughs, joking around but also a little serious.

Luke had told me Calum was worried about staying with Luke, because he is actually scared that Luke will think Calum is just taking advantage of him. Luke knows Calum isn't, and he doesn't care about any of that at all.

"Well, I should probably get going." I frown, quickly hugging him.

"Yeah, of course." He weakly smiles as we pull apart.

Calum and I both walk off in separate directions. Though I don't get too far when I'm stopped in my tracks.

"Kelsey!" I hear a familiar voice, making me quickly turn around.

"Luke? What the fuck are you doing?"

"A cute rom-com moment, leave me alone." He chuckles, a wide grin on his lips.

I laugh, shaking my head at him.

"So, uh, anyway, I know you told me not to miss work-"

"Because you can act like an entitled rich kid when you do." I interrupt.

"Anyway! Uh, I just wanted to say a proper goodbye. I also wanted to get you something but that you could also bring on the plane. So, yeah. I'm really glad you came here, I'm grateful you're giving me another chance, I'm so excited to be there with you in a few months. I honestly don't have words right now, I just- here." Luke says, and hands me the book in his hands, "I figured you could use a new sketchbook that isn't years old."

I smile, "Thank you, Luke. That's really sweet. I can't wait for us to be in the same city. I do have a plane to catch, I'll FaceTime you when I'm home?"

"Yeah, of course." He says, before we quickly hug goodbye.

I'm glad that Luke hasn't tried anything with me. I want to take things extra slow. Thankfully he hasn't gone farther than hugging me, and I think we both know that even though we both have feelings for each other, that we need to avoid saying love for now.

Getting on the plane doesn't take long, and I'm glad nobody ends up sitting beside me. I flip through the sketchbook Luke handed me before getting on the plane, and I notice something written inside on the first page.

'hey, Kels :) I know this isn't the most romantic gift but I figured it would work. I know you haven't been as into art as you used to be, but I thought maybe with us starting this new chapter you might get back into it. I know how much you loved it. I wanted to keep this short but I clearly didn't do a great job. I can't wait to be in LA with you. this is our time. -Luke <3'

-

Arriving back at home, a wave of anxiety washes over me when I see some of Ashton's things at the door. I'll have to go speak to him once I bring my stuff upstairs.

Quickly saying hi to Nina sitting on the couch, I head upstairs and drop my things off in my room. I just want to talk to Ashton to see how he's feeling. I know he has to be upset with me, but I have no idea how bad it'll be.

"Ashton? Are you willing to talk to me?" I ask, knocking at his bedroom door. Slowly I open it, wanting to check if he's even in here.

"So, how was it?" Ashton asks, looking up from his laptop, as he's seated on his bed.

"What?"

"Are you and Luke going to live happily ever after?" He questions in the snarkiest tone I've ever heard him use.

"Listen, I'm really sorry-"

"You know there were like, a million other ways you could've dealt with this, right? But you chose the one that embarrassed me in front of my family and had me worried sick about you."

"Ash-"

"I just hope it was worth it. You're going to tell me right now how it went, if it went bad I truly don't think I can help you right now."

"It went well, we-"

"Great. I'm happy for you. Now can we discuss it later when I'm not so upset?" He asks, putting his focus back to his laptop.

"Oh, okay. Yeah. Let me know." I nod, leaving his room.

I sigh, making my way to my room. I'm not mad at Ashton for being upset with me, he has every right to be. In the middle of our trip I just got up and left. That was the only way I figured he wouldn't freak out at the wedding and leave. I could have waited, but I didn't want to talk myself out of it, or have him talk to me out of it. Ashton will support me, I know that. He just needs to let out some of his anger.

Once I get to my room, I pull out my phone so that I can't FaceTime Luke, like I had told him.

"Hey!" Luke smiles, waving at his phone almost immediately after u call him.

I giggle, smiling back, "Hey, Luke."

"The flight went okay?"

I nod, "Yeah. It was good. Oh, the note was cute, by the way."

It seems like Luke it's almost blushing, nervously biting on his lip, "Oh, that."

"I loved it. Thank you. I can't wait for you to be here."

_______________________

hi!!! I hope this is okay!!! I kinda got rlly into writing this again so hopefully I'll be back soon :)