"Never gonna happen, mom," Riley thrust her tongue out at her friend who returned it.

....

A few nights later, it was Slughorn's Christmas party, and Harry waited outside the Slytherin common room for Riley.

Harry wore a black blazer with a maroon-colored dress shirt and matching tie.

Glancing at his wristwatch, he noted that it was already eight o'clock.

Riley had assured him that she would be ready by this time.

Suddenly, the common room door swung open, and Blaise Zabini emerged.

"Oh, hello," he greeted awkwardly, his gaze fixed on the Boy Who Lived.

"Hi," Harry replied.

"I assume you're waiting for Riley. She isn't down yet, she told me that she's putting on her last-minute touches. Uh, you can wait inside if you want. I have to meet my date, uh good night," Blaise waved.

Harry observed the Slytherin common room, which presented a stark contrast to the Gryffindor's cozy and warm space. The Slytherin common room emanated a cold atmosphere, with shades of green dominating the surroundings.

"Oh, hi Harry! How did you manage to sneak in here?" Riley descended the stairs from the girl's dormitories.

At the sight of the stunning girl, Harry immediately stood up, captivated by her presence.

She wore an elegant, long gray gown that accentuated her arms, neck, and a glimpse of her back. A silver necklace adorned her neck, highlighting her collarbone.

Her eyes were smoky and her lips were adorned with a deep shade of red lipstick.

Harry found himself speechless, his hands becoming clammy as his stomach churned with nerves.

"You look amazing, Haz," Riley smiled warmly as she approached him.

"And you look absolutely magnificent," Harry murmured, leaning down to kiss Riley's lips.

The kiss sent a surge of butterflies fluttering in Riley's stomach.

Harry's hand instinctively moved to tug on Riley's curly blonde hair, evoking a soft moan from her as he smirked against her lips.

"Get a room, Potter," someone spat.

The two reluctantly broke apart, turning their attention to an enraged Draco Malfoy, dressed in a dark suit, his face burning with anger.

Before Harry could react, Riley grabbed his hand.

"Don't say anything, babe. It's fine," she reassured him, gazing up at him through her long lashes.

"Fine," he sighed.

"Good boy," Riley pecked his lips Harry's face reddened as he felt the blood rush straight to his crotch.

The blonde winked at him, taking his hand in hers and leading him in the direction of the party.

"Hold on! Wait for me!" Hazel hurriedly caught up to them.

She wore a sleek black dress with a tasteful slit down the middle.

"Oh, you look stunning, babes!" Riley exclaimed, rushing to embrace Hazel.

"Thank you, hun," Hazel smiled back at her friend.

"Are you going with anyone tonight?" Riley inquired.

"Yeah! I asked Luna to come along as friends," Hazel replied, just as Luna approached them in a sparkly dress.

"Hello, everyone," Luna greeted them with a smile.