[24]

Warning: Violence, triggers, blood, language

S a k u s a

     It's morning. Kuroo forced us to sleep in order to get ready for the next day. In all honesty; I didn't sleep. I was researching information all night. Occasionally I would drift off to look at Atsumu's picture on the desk. His vibrant smile and beaming honey eyes of his. 

     I even spent an hour making an outfit. Black turtleneck sweater, black cargo pants with straps and chains hanging from the belt loops, black punk leather military ankle boots, and of course a black mask. (Ugh- The image in my head is hot.) That hour of planning went to shit when I realized almost everyone else had the same idea. 

     I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready for this. I mean, I have a fucking Colt M4 carbine in my hands. Kuroo told me to relax because I looked tense. Who wouldn't look tense in this situation?

     "Um, why does the dog have a SWAT vest on?" I ask, gesturing to Ryker that's sitting next to Lev's feet.

     "Well, we do assist in SWAT raids but aren't necessarily authorized to do so on our own. When asked we lend over vests, guns, bombs, and dogs like Ryker. May seem like he's not trained for this back at the house, but when shit like this happens, he's the one that leads the teams around. I mean, come on man. German Shepherds are like the best dogs for this." Yaku states, leaning against the hood of a matte black Tahoe with his fists in his black side entry pocket cargo pants.  

     I hum in response, looking down at the rifle in my arms. Shit man, am I ready for this?

     "Jesus Sakusa, fucking relax. You look like you're accidentally gonna fire that thing." Kuroo chuckles with a hopeful smile on his face. I can't relax dip shit. I was born for this.

     But if it's for Atsumu, I will do whatever it takes to save his stubborn ass. We're stood outside of the gated neighborhood lined with mansion after mansion. The sun is shining, cool air sweeping through. 

     A faint hey hey hey is heard from behind us. Lev, Yaku, Kuroo, Osamu, and I turn our heads to see Bokuto and Iwaizumi walking towards us for they had parked a few meters away. The same carbine's being held with delicacy. 

     "Sup bro," Kuroo chuckles as he puts his palm out and Bokuto takes it and does one of those bro meeting handshake things. The owl had gelled up his hair in his usual hairstyle. (I'm just gonna say this, almost every male has the same outfit as Sakusa, but their own touches being added; all of their clothing is black.)

     "Why aren't Oikawa and Akaashi here?" Lev asks from behind me. Hm usually Oikawa is always with Iwaizumi and Akaashi is always with Bokuto. Iwaizumi's expression falls to a more stern one.

     "No way in hell are we putting our boyfriend's lives in danger. If they were stronger and not flimsy and scrawny, we would have considered it. Lord knows Oikawa can't hold a gun correctly without firing it on accident." Pfft. Okay. 

     I huff in response and lean against one of the matte black Tahoe's with my eyes closed, the Colt M4 carbine still in my hands. Eh I'll just set it on the hood. "Holy fuck it's hot out today. What the fuck changed with the weather?" I whine as I toss my head back, irritation building up.

     "Not sure. But you know Los Angeles, Sakusa. It gets hot here." Lev states.

     "Have ya'll ever heard about the heat in London? Like the queen's guards that secure the gates or whatever, they've passed out from hot flashes. No joke." Wait what? 

     The others speak amongst themselves while I climb into the passenger seat of the matte black Tahoe. Dragging my finger along the interior as cool air blasts through the AC in the dashboard. The air feels nice against my sweaty neck. God today was a horrible day to wear all black. Dammit.