Chapter Thirty One

Sidharth sat in the corridor of the school, checking his watch every minute, waiting for the bell to ring, to get a glimpse of his children who left him in the morning with a scared and nervous face. He had bitten all his nails and now unknowinkly he was biting the skin on the tip of his finger. He tapped his foot and his heart thumped louder.

Though they are 3 and half year old, but I just became a father 2 weeks back. I am experiencing so much anxiety and so much nervousness. I am getting the urge of barging inside the classroom. I feel like it's my first day at school. Within this 2 weeks, I have gone through a lot of changes. I have been sad, irritated, happy, emotional but I have learnt to be patient. Today as my sweetest part of life went inside the classroom, I feel that it's the board exam of my patience. I wonder how Shehnaaz is copping up.

Shehnaaz was sitting in her coaching class but all her mind, heart and soul was at school. Today she was unable to concentrate. She was staring blankly at the white board infront of her and the tutor was blabbering while other students who were much younger to her, took notes in their book.

It's a new milstone in my children's life and I am unable to be with them. I hope Khushi doesn't throw tantrums and Ansh doesn't trouble other kids. I hope no other kids harm my piece of heart. I wish I had taken a leave today but I have to do this for my children for their betterment and their bright future. SK was so tensed when I called him during my last break. The next break is in 15 minutes but every second looks like a decade to me.

Something hits her head and she is brought back from her thoughts. She looks around and finds a cap of the marker. She looks at the tutor staring at her from far.

Tutor: Miss Shehnaaz, I have warned you twice but you seem to be too lost. If there is something more important and urget, then you can leave the class. I am surprised that I have to treat you like a little kid. Look around the other students who are more than 10 years younger than you.

Shehnaaz: Ummm.. Aaa.. Sorry Sir! I am not keeping well.

Tutor: In that case, I suggest you to take leave, since you are distracting the whole class. Please return to class when you are ready to concentrate and give your 100%. You can take notes from Gauri later.

Shehnaaz nods and leaves the class. She checks the time and there were 30 minutes left for the Kids school to end. She took a cab and went to the school. She found Sidharth sitting in the corridor and looking at his watch. There were 3 more minutes left.

She went and stood infront of him. He looked up and the creases of tension on his forehead disappeared and his lips formed a big curve as he smiled happily. He got up and hugged her.

Shehnaaz: SK, this is school. (She smiled)

He immediately left her and looked at her.

Sidharth: Thanks for coming Shehnaaz. I was so tensed and nervous. I wasn't even so scared when my exam results arrived or when my movie releases.

She slipped her hand into his and smiled.

Shehnaaz: We are sailing in the same boat sweetheart. I was nervous and unable to concentrate during the lecture. I was thrown out of the class. (She bit her lips)

Sidharth: (smiled) I wouldn't blame you, I am happy you were thrown out of the class today.

They laughed and the bell rang. Both their eyes turned towards the door from where the kids would come. The first kid came running out and hugged her parent and Sidharth and Shehnaaz looked at them and with a huge smile. They turned to resume looking at their kids to arrive.

2 minutes later Ansh came running and hugged Sidharth and Shehnaaz together.

Shehnaaz: Baby, where is Khushi?