Chapter Twenty Eight

In another folder there were some pictures of the new born babies, they slept hugging each other. Shehnaaz was holding them in her hand and her eyes were red yet she pushed a smile, it wasn't the same smile which he saw when he declared his love to her, when he accepted their marriage on her birthday, when he reunited after she was rescued from kidnapper, when their first movie together was successful.

Motherhood brings great happiness but he could see that she wasn't that happy and he knew the reason behind that half-hearted smile. And though he was looking at the picture of his new born children, his eyes were fixed at Shehnaaz.

Khushi: Mumma!!! Ansh see mumma picture!

Sidharth was brought back from his thoughts. Khushi stood behind Sidharth with her favourite soft toy, Mini mouse in her hand.

Ansh: Mumma! I want to see mumma!

Ansh dropped his little car he was playing with and ran towards Sidharth. Sidharth saw the same amount of love and excitement in their eyes as his when he waited for Shehnaaz to return from Ananya's engagement ceremony after 3 days of seperation.

Ansh went close to the laptop and kissed the picture.

Khushi: Whose babies Mumma holding?

Sidharth: (smiled at such innocent question) They are mine!

Ansh: Where are they?

Sidharth: They are... (He tickled their tummies) .. here!!!

Khushi and Ansh laughed and flinched as they got tickled. He hugged them to his chest, laughing.

Khushi: Paa.. I am hungry. I want mum-mum

Ansh: Me too!!

Sidharth saw the time in laptop and realised it was dinner time. Shyam had already left after cooking food for them.

Sidharth: Yeah, come on.. let's go!! Even I am famished!

Sidharth heated the food in oven and placed it on the dinning table. Ansh and Khushi looked at Jeera rice, Dal, Roti and Aloo infront and gave a disgusted expression. Sidharth observed it and gulped his saliva, he knew something big was coming up for him.

Oh God! I am not ready for their tantrums again, please spare me! I never knew that these "dedh footiyas" hold so much power to make a 6'2" tall huge man like me shiver in fear!

Sidharth served it on 3 plates and pushed it infront of them slowly and he took a spoonful of daal and poured it on rice and stuffed it in his mouth. The two didn't touch the spoon and stared at the food infront as if it was their biggest enemy.

Sidharth didn't have a courage to utter a word as he feared it would backfire him. He took another bite and he could hear Khushi cry.

Sidharth: What happened darling? Why are you crying?

Khushi: I don't want to eat rice.

Sidharth: It's fine baby, eat the roti.

Ansh started crying.

Ansh: I don't want to eat roti.

Sidharth: Champ, you can eat rice.

Ansh: I want yogurt with rice. I don't like daal.

Sidharth: Wait, I'll get you yogurt.

He doesn't like daal, why isn't this quality of mine matching with his? I like yellow daal so much. I am still fine, atleast he will eat with yogurt.

He puts the yogurt and asks him to eat. Khushi was still sitting without eating.

Sidharth: Why aren't you two eating yet?