Chapter Twenty Seven

Sidharth didn't know how to convince the kids to go inside their home. He calls Shehnaaz and puts the phone on speaker. He doesn't speak a word, Shehnaaz hears them cry - I want Mumma and I want dog. She understood why they created a fuss.

Shehnaaz: Hello my lovely babies, my two little sweethearts..

They both go quiet as they hear her voice.

Khushi: Mumma, this uncle has a doggy in his home. I don't want to go. I want you. (Whimpers)

Ansh: No mumma, before he said he has dog now he says no dog. I want dog.

Sidharth looked at them in vain as they were calling him uncle and complaining about him to her. He was at war with her, and complaining to her was the last thing he expected but they were his kids and they start their thinking from where his thinking ends.

Shehnaaz: Ansh, baby hold on, Mumma will speak to Khushi first. Okay?

Ansh: okay mumma.

Shehnaaz: Khushi baby, you cannot call him uncle, what do you want to call him daddy, papa, dad, bapu, paa or babuji?

Khushi: (ponders) Paa!!

Ansh: No! Papa!!

Shehnaaz: Ansh!! (Sternly)

Ansh: Sorry mumma.

Shehnaaz: You both can call whatever you decided but no calling uncle. Okay?

Sidharth smiled as finally he heard them saying paa and papa from their mouth.

Khushi: Okay mumma. But I don't want to stay at paa house. He has dog.

Shehnaaz: okay baby. Do you want to hear a story?

Khushi: Yeeehh, yes mumma

Shehnaaz: You know even I am scared of dogs? But Tyson and Winnie are so cute and cuddly like a teddy bear. I like to hug them and you know you can play with them on beach. Do you remember one day a bad uncle tried to hurt mumma? And how Dinu mama saved mumma from bad uncle?

Sidharth eyes widened in shock, his wife was being attacked by a man was not a thing any husband would want to hear.

Shehnaaz: If Tyson or Winnie is with you, they will never allow any bad uncle to touch you or hurt you ever. Wouldn't you want to have a special and strong friend with you?

Khushi: Yes Mumma, I want a friend like that. But what if he bites me?

Shehnaaz: No baby, he won't. I promise, pinky promise! Now you will have to go with your Paa, he is very strong. Paa will introduce you to Tyson and Winnie sweetly, so that they become your friends. Okay?

Khushi: Okay mumma.

Shehnaaz: Ansh, you are getting a doggy now. Are you happy as well?

Ansh: Yes mumma. I love you.

Shehnaaz: I love you too Ansh.

Khushi: And me mumma?

Shehnaaz: I love you too Khushi. You know that you both are my sweetheart, right?

Ansh and Khushi: Yes!

Khushi: Mumma, please come soon.

Shehnaaz had never stayed away from her kids, the only time she left them was when she visited the washroom. She didn't fear of their safety now but missed being with them. She knew they were in safe hands but she thought how he would manage them. She had to lie to the kids when they asked her when would she come. Though she tried her best to control her emotions, her voice was heavy and choking.