Chapter Nineteen

Sidharth and Shehnaaz enter the 'R&T Orphanage'. As they made their way inside, they saw little kids playing on the playground. The orphanage was run by two people Rahul Chibbar and Tariq Pasha. They had few others working as voluteers.

Rahul: Hello Mr. Sidharth Khanna and Mrs. Shehnaaz Deol Khanna. So nice to meet you and happy that you chose to help us by donating money to our orphanage.

SK: Thank you and it's our pleasure that we can be of some help.

Shehnaaz: You people are doing great job, I was an orphan myself and I know the pain of the kids who don't have their parents. It is so overwhelming to see kids playing happily.

Tariq: Thank you.

SK: Here is the cheque for donation. We also have got some sweets and gifts for little kids over here.

R&T have a bright smile to receive the cheque. They ask them to sit in a small hall where the kids will be called to have the sweets and take gifts.

The kids walk in one by one in line. Sidharth and Shehnaaz had a million dollar smile looking at the kids.

Since they were here to donate on the occasion of Shehnaaz's birthday, they had got a huge cake. Shehnaaz asks a little girl to cut the cake in lieu of her. The little girl, Prerna aged 6, was very excited, she looked at Rahul and he nodded yes.

Prerna: Thank you Didi, I always wanted to cut the cake whenever I saw big people like you who come to celebrate their birthday. Can I call Fatima too? She wishes to cut the cake as well.

Sidharth: Sure Beta. Do you know when are your birthdays?

Prerna nods in no.

Shehnaaz: Okay, then lets sing the song for Prerna and Fatima today as their birthday.

The kids along with Sidharth and Shehnaaz sing happy birthday song for Prerna and Fatima while they cut the cake. Sidharth along with Rahul distributed cakes and savouries among kids. Shehnaaz distributed gifts to kids. She reached the last kid, Gaurav.

Shehnaaz: Strange, I am left with 2 more gifts. We were told there are 30 kids. I think we got 2 extra.

Gaurav: No Didi, Seema Di and Dinu bhaiya are sick. They aren't here.

Shehnaaz: Ohh!! What happened to them?

Gaurav: Please don't tell Rahul and Tarik Chacha. I saw Seema di had blood on her skirt yesterday, both Seema and Dinu bhaiyya limped in pain yesterday when they came back from market. Now they have fever.

Shehnaaz was horrified after hearing this.

Shehnaaz: Gaurav, I won't tell anyone about this. Does this happen often here?

Gaurav: Yes, Last week even Rekha di had fever for 3 days.

Shehnaaz finds Tarik walking towards them and immediately changes the topic.

Shehnaaz: You like cakes and pastries?

Gaurav: I love them.

Shehnaaz: What else do you like to eat?

Gaurav: I like chocolates.

Shehnaaz: Okay, next time will get chocolate for you. Now go and take another serving of cake.

Tarik smiles at her and Shehnaaz had a different thought in her mind, she could sense something wrong. She pushes a fake smile and acts as if nothing wrong happened.

Shehnaaz: Mr. Tarik, I am left with 2 gifts. We were informed 30 kids but there are only 28.

Tarik: Aaa.. aa.. 2 kids got adopted yesterday.