31🐈

I can't believe Cam proposed to me

I can't believe Cam proposed to me. It's been a few days now and I'm still in shock. I'm sitting at my desk at work just looking at my ring.

Against my better judgment, I let Markie come back to work. He's most definitely not happy with me being engaged but I don't care.

I walk out to the counter and see Abira and Markie arguing. I watch them for a few minutes before I walk over.

"Is there an issue here?" I ask.

"No sorry," Abira said walking off.

I look at Markie and put my hand on my hip. "What's going on with Abira?" I ask.

"I'm not sure she was upset over something and took it out on me." He shrugged.

I went around and checked on all the cats before I decided to call it a day. I haven't got to talk to Cam so I'm not sure if we are doing anything tonight or not.

I lock my office and tell everyone goodbye and walk outside and find Cam leaning against his truck looking so hot.

"His fiancée," I smirk.

"Hey there Sunshine." He smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to catch you before you head home." He said.

"Oh, what's up?" I ask.

I watch as he puts his hands in his pocket and pulls out a key. "I want you to have a key to the house. I was hoping you would move in with me." He said.

"Really? You want me to move in?" I ask.

"I do... I mean we are getting married soon and you will be moving in any way and you stay with me most nights so why not have all of your stuff there." He said.

"I love the idea. Let me go home and grab some clean clothes and I'll be over." I said.

"Ok I'll order us some Chinese and I'll meet you at the house soon." He said pulling me in for a kiss.

"Sounds good handsome. I'll see you soon." I smile and walk to my car.

When I got home Wyatt and Ruthie were sitting at the bar doing homework and dad was watching tv.

"Hey, guys!" I smile sitting my bag down walking over to where dad was.

"Hey, Sierrah." He said looking away from the tv.

"Can I talk to you for a minute dad?" I ask.

"Sure what's up?" He asked.

"Umm, Cam asked me to move in with him just a little bit ago. I know we will be getting married soon but are you ok with that?" I ask.

"It's nice of you to ask Sierrah but you are a grown woman who is engaged to be married and If you want to move in with him I won't stop you." He smiled.

"Aww, thanks, dad!" I lean in and hug him.

"You will always be my baby girl. I love you Sierrah and I'm very proud of you." He said kissing the top of my head.

"Thanks, dad! I'm going to go pack a bag and stay tonight over there." I smiled.

I went upstairs and gathered some things and while I did I looked around my room. I have spent my entire life in this room besides the time I stayed at Uncle Levi's. I loved this room but its time to grow up and move on and I'm so ready to get married.

I sit down on the side of the bed and look at my ring. I couldn't have picked a better ring for myself. I look up and mom is standing in the doorway.

"Hey, sweet girl!" She smiled.

"Hi, mom! I was just staring at my perfect ring." I laugh.

"It sure is beautiful. What are you up to?" She asked sitting beside me.

"Just packing some things to stay over Cam's or I guess I should say my house. He asked me to move in today and gave me a key." I smile.

"Is that so?" Mom smiles.

"I asked dad if it was ok. I mean I know I didn't need permission but I felt I wanted to ask out of respect." I shrugged.

"That meant a lot to him Sierrah." She smiled and patted me on the leg. "I'll let you get packed I just wanted to talk for a minute." She said.

"Thanks, mom I love you." I smile at her.

"I love you too Sierrah." She said leaving my bedroom.

I pack up a few things and drive over to Cam's. It's going to be weird saying my house. But I can't help but grin like a Cheshire cat when I think of that.

I get out of my car and walk up to the door and unlock it with my key and walk on in. I smile when I see Cam in the kitchen putting the containers on the counter.

"Hey, Sunshine! Just in time." He smiled.

"Sorry I got held up. I had a nice talk with mom and dad." I said.

"Oh did you?" He asked.

"I know I didn't need to ask but I sorta asked dad for permission to move in here with you." I laugh.

"How did that go?" He asked opening the containers.

"He was appreciative that I even asked. But in his eyes, I'll always be his baby girl so I felt like I should ask I don't know." I shrug.

"It was a nice thing to do Sunshine. I'm guessing he gave his approval?" Cam asked.

"He said it was fine and he was glad I was happy. So whenever you want to help move my shit I'm good." I laugh.

"I think between Coop and I and maybe your dad and Uncle we can get it all move for you rather quickly. We can put it in the garage so you can separate it and figure out where you want to put stuff. And before you ask I don't care where you put things as long as you are in our bed at night.

"Our bed huh?" I smile at him.