19🔆

Man what a night that turned out to be

Man what a night that turned out to be. Was a terrible day and then Sierrah made it so much better and then spent the rest of the night in the ER with Julia.

They were so slow and finally told us that she has strep and gave me meds to take her home with.

She was very hungry and cranky by the time we got her home gave her meds and put her to sleep.

Sierrah called her mom late last night to tell her what was going on and why she wasn't home.

By the time Coop and Violet got home we both just fell asleep on the couch together.

I woke up later hearing Julia giggling and find her sitting on Sierrah's lap watching cartoons.

"I see you are taking a page out of my book," I smirk.

"Hey if it works why not. She seems to love the smurfs. Especially baby smurf." Sierrah smiles.

"Has her fever went down?" I ask.

'It has. I told Violet and Coop to sleep and I would watch her until Hattie gets here because I have things to do today." She said.

"Well, I can stay with her if you need to go," I said.

"Thanks! Today is the day I get the cats and well I'm going to need some names so start thinking of some." She laughs.

"Oh wow and how many are you getting again?" I ask.

"Ten of them. Markie was going to come by and help me. I hope you don't mind that." She said.

"I'm ok about it Sunshine. We have talked and I know you love me so I have nothing to worry about." I smile.

"It's great to hear those words." She smiled and winked at me.

I get up and take Julia from her. "Go ahead and get your kitties and maybe I'll see you sometime later," I said leaning forward for a kiss.

"Ok if your sure and you guys don't have too much fun without me ok?" She laughs.

"We will try not to right pretty girl?" I tickle Julia's belly.

Sierrah wraps her arms around both of us and kisses Julia's cheek before she kisses me goodbye. I watch her leave knowing she has to run back to my house to get her car.

"I saw that," Violet said when I turned around.

"Saw what Mrs. Nosey?" I laugh.

"I saw that kiss and you both look pretty happy and you know I'm a detective so go ahead and tell me." She laughed.

"What she did for me with that frame meant the world to me, Violet. She treated me like a human being and we talked about my dad and had Chinese food and other stuff." I said.

"Other stuff?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we sit on the deck and enjoyed the breeze," I said.

"You're a liar! You saw her naked didn't you?" She laughed.

"Maybe but the most important part she's my girlfriend now and she told me she loves me." I smile.

"For real? OMG, I'm so excited! Did you say it back?" She asked.

"I did... I realized as soon as she came over to make my day better than I was in love with her." I said.

"I'm happy for you Cam and I'm thankful you were here to take my baby to the Er last night. I'm sorry if I ruined your night." Violet said.

"You didn't ruin anything Violet. This little girl means the world to me and I would do anything for her." I said looking down at the teething ring she had in her mouth.

"I can never repay you for that." She said.

"Well if something comes up I'll call in that favor." I laugh which makes Julia giggle.

I pick her up and turn her around with her butt on the table and I blow raspberries on her cheeks.

"Julia, you love your uncle Cam?" Violet asked.

I watched as Julia shook her head yes and pointed at me. It melted my heart and I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tight.

"Cam you will be a great dad one day but if it was now Gray will kill you." She laughed.

"I tried to hold Sierrah off because I'm afraid for that reason." I laugh.

"From the look on your face, you didn't wait long." She giggles.

"I've had enough of you I'm going home." I laugh handing her Julia after I kiss her face.

"Fine, I'll get the rest of the information from Sierrah." Violet laughs.

I walk out and get in my truck and head home to change clothes and then I think I'll head down to Coffee Meow and check out these cats.

When I walk inside I see Sierrah's purse on the counter that she forgot when we were in such a rush.

I head upstairs and take a shower and put on clean clothes and then grab Sierrah's bag and head out to the truck.

I pull up at Coffee Meow and knock on the door and when she sees me she smiles and opens the door. "What are you doing here?" She asks.

"You forgot something at my house." I smile at her.

"Oh man, I wondered where that was. Come on in and check out the cats." She said.

"Wow, it's bright in here for sure." I laughed walking over to the counter.

"You like the green and yellow?" She asked.

I look around... "Well, it's something." I laugh.

"Hi, Cameron. Come meet some of the cats." Markie said.

I walked over and a big orange fluffy cat jumps up on the counter near me. "Whoa, you're a cutie aren't you? He looks like a Garfield." I said.

"Hey, we have our first name!" Markie laughed.

We sit down and come up with all ten names between us and it wasn't bad.

"So we have the names yay!" Sierrah said holding up a piece of paper. "We have Garfield, Cookie, Casper, Fluffy, Tuxie, Jinx, Stella, Tiger, Ozzy, and Onyx." She smiled.