𝐚 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 (𝟏𝟒)*

Start from the beginning

Erwin left with Levi and Hange as the noise in the cafeteria increased. They figured they would just sit in there until they were told to do otherwise. Sasha and Connie got up from the table and sat on the ground. Jean looked at them and laughed.

"What the fuck are you two doing?"

"We're gonna be here awhile. Why not get comfy?" Connie told as him and Sasha laid on her back. Layla smiled and laid beside Sasha.

"Come on Jean. Don't be a baby." Layla snickered and teased him. Jean rolled his eyes. 

Zeke made sure to get up before anyone could take the spot next to Layla. He giggled and laid on his stomach, right next to Layla. Jean and Eren scoffed as they also made their way to the floor. After a while, everyone had gotten comfortable on the cafeteria floor as they waited for direction from the commander.

"So who do you guys think helped Annie?" Armin asked as he looked at the ceiling.

"Well, it had to be someone super strong. So, it's none of the boys here." Layla said in a joking matter. Mikasa, Sasha, and Layla laughed and the boys argued with each other.

"It's not Jean. Look how scrawny he is." Eren chuckled and shoved Jean.

"This isn't a joke, guys. Annie is out there somewhere and she could attack at any time," Armin explained as his face turned red. Eren, Jean, and Armin shifted into a serious conversation as Sasha, Connie, and Miaksa messed around. 

Zeke rested his hands on his hands and Layla turned her head to look at him. Zeke just stared into her eyes and smiled. Layla's hair was pulled into a curly, puffy ponytail. There was some grass and dirt in her hair. Levi had gotten mad at them earlier and made them do fifty sit ups. Curly pieces of hair framed her face and she had a small bruise beside her lip from training throughout the week.

"I can't lie, Layla. That bruise makes you look hot as fuck." Zeke smirked and looked her up and down.

"I can give you one if you'd like." Layla tilted her head, full focus on Zeke.

"You wouldn't be able to lay a hand on me."

"I'm the only soldier in this cafeteria to land a couple solid hits on 'humanity's strongest soldier', Captain Levi. But you're new, so I'll let that comment slide." Layla scoffed and shook her head.

"You just think you're all big and badass, huh?" Zeke inched closer to her and bit his bottom lip while he looked at hers.

"You told me yourself," Layla reminded him and inched closer to him too.

"I did, didn't I?" His voice was soft and lustful. He closed his eyes, ready for a kiss from Layla.

"You sure did." Layla pushed his head away and laughed.

"Asshole," Zeke grunted and opened his eyes to a giggling Layla. He didn't mind though. Seeing her face was good enough for him.. for now.

"You don't really think I'm an asshole? Do you Zeke?" Layla said in a sarcastic tone.

"Of course not. You're actually the nicest and most comforting person I've met so far. You were very welcoming, and I thank you for that." Zeke's tone turned serious and he held onto her hand. Layla smiled and looked down at him.

"Well, you're kinda cute. Why wouldn't I be sweet?" Layla winked.

"I trust you the most here. I mean it." Zeke told her.

"I trust you too, Zeke." Layla gave him a dimpled smile and let go of his hand.

She ruffled his hair and turned on her side to talk with Sasha, Connie, and Mikasa. Zeke's eyes made his way down her back to her ass. He bit his lip and smiled. He couldn't wait for the day he could touch her.