5: Secrets & Shock

Tyler POV

"Your going!" I yell then push Jake through the door that leads to the girl's bathroom.

We wait a good 2 minutes before I ask "Jake buddy? Where is she?"

He busts through the door and looks confused. "She's not in there" My friend mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck.

"WHAT!" I yell. How is that possible. I barge in and search high and low. Nothing.

Just then class ends and we're forced to go to class because it's the strict teacher who isn't scared to give us detention.

We walk into the class and I see the nerd in the back corner. I feel steam coming out if my ears.

How the fuck did she get here?!

That bitch turns her head towards me and her eyes widen slightly. I smirk. She should be scared.

Mr. Rickard looks at me and spits.

"Are you gonna stand their like your in an action movie or take a seat?"

I glare at him before walking in and sitting in the back.

*****

It's been like 30 minutes of class and all the sudden nerd's phone rings.

A-fucking-gain

She does the same thing as yesterday and runs out as the fuming teacher screams her name.

Freak asks to talk to the teacher again and I go up to the door like last time.

Teacher
Nerd

Mr. Rickard please he's having a hard time. He was sick earlier this week and it's almost the anniversary.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I see your in a hard situation. You're free to go. Just try to avoid it next time? Okay?

Yes Mr. Rickard I'm so sorry again. I'll do all the work at home and make sure the homeworks caught up! Bye!

(End of convo)

No fucking way. No nerd skips this many classes. I motion for Jake and Adam to come up and they stand just as the door opens.

"Sorry Mr but something came up and we need to go." Without waiting for a reply I push past him and walk away.

I see the nerd running down the hall. We sneakily follow her out of the school. She grabs her bag and jogs out telling the front lady something.

She gives nerd a sympathetic smile before freak dashes off again.

"Common boys, we're gonna find out what's up with this nerd" they both nod before we sneak past the office.

When we're outside I see the nerd running out of the parking lot. We run to the car and start it.

I'm driving the car and we follow her. She runs for a good block before nerd slows down.

I hide the car around the corner and walk, crouched down towards her. We all hide behind some bushes and I watch as something I would never thought I would see, i see.

There the nerd looks around, checking her surrounding before running and grabbing a hella nice bike that was hiding under an old blue tarp.

She unlocks the seat and pulls out something. Then she scans the area before pulling her sweatshirt over her hair.

No way. She's really fit and I'm completely surprised by her body. Her black sports bra and sweatpants is the only things she's wearing until she pulls a dark green crop top on and a freaking leather jacket.

Then she puts the helmet on and revs the bike's engine. Before I can even blink she's speeding away.

No

Friggin

Fucken

Holy

Way

I look at the boys who are sporting looks of absolute shock. What the fuck! The nerd has a motorcycle!?!?

I quickly run and get in the car before pulling after her. After about 5 minutes we follow the road and we find her again.

She drives for another 2 minutes before a big building comes into view. It reads.

"LITTLE SPIRIT'S ELEMENTARY SCHOOL"

Why the fuck is she at this school.

"Flipping hell dude! This is the school that was calling her!" Adam yells at me slapping my shoulder and pointing.

As soon as nerdy parks she rips the helmet off her head and jumps off the bike.

I get out of my vehicle and duck behind a car about 2 meters away from nerdy.

She starts running towards the school. She looks around frantically.

What's she searching for?

"Carter! Please!" She yells. I hear the panicked in her voice. What's happening?

All the sudden I hear another voice.

"Nollie!?" Nerdy's head snaps in the direction of the tiny voice. Who the fuck is Nollie?

"CARTER!" She yells then starts running. I look forwards and see a small boy. Probably around 6 or 7 run out from behind a bush and scream.

"NOLLIE!" He screams then throws himself at her. She catches him with ease and hugs him tight.

Who is this? Her son? No she's to young. Just then I hear crys and look to see the boy's shuddering in nerdy's grasp.

He wails to her in a small pained voice.

"She-she said that mommy-y and d-daddy rejected me b-be-because I was a worthless b-brat! Nollie she was so mean! Mommy and daddy didn't leave us!"

Then the small boy with black hair stuffed his face in nerdy's neck. I heard a sweet tune fill the air and my eyes widen as I realize nerdy's singing.

She rocks back and forth, humming gently and patting his back. Eventually the boy falls asleep and she grabs her phone.

(...= a break when the other person speaks)

"Hello Mrs. Helling ... Yes I found him ... no it's okay ... yah he was behind a bush ... no it's okay don't be sorry, we both struggle with it being this close to my parent's death"

Nerdy kept taking but I stopped listening.

HER PARENTS WERE DEAD

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW DOES THE SCHOOL NOT KNOW!?!?

Maybe this is why all the teachers let her go and are so forgiving.

I see nerdy put her phone down and sigh. Rubbing the sleeping boy's hair she walks over to her bike.

It shocks me when she puts a helmet on his head and sits down. The boy's- well I guess Carson, no Carter. Carter's still facing nerdy when she starts the engine  and drives away.

What

The

Actual

Fuck

Did

I

Just

Witness!?!?