27 | bittersweet moment

"Are you fucking kidding me? I leave you alone for a second and you're already sticking your tongue down my sisters throat?" Eren walks towards Jean.

By now we had jumped apart, panic making me shake.

"Eren it's not like that-" Jean tries to defend himself.

"Then what is it like? Because it looks to me like you're trying to get in my sisters pants" he's in his face now, although Jean still towers over him, Eren makes him look small with his intimidating stance.

"No you've got it all wrong I-" he doesn't even get to finish his sentence, Eren throws a punch, landing it right into his stomach.

Jean splutters and falls to the floor, clutching at his stomach.

I shriek, my body moves on its own as I crouch down to check if he's okay.

"Eren please don't do this" I say looking up.

He looks almost animalistic. His nostrils are flared and his eyes filled with fury.

"Nah you'll fucking tell me what's going on right now before I break his fucking jaw"

I stand up in between them.

I let out a shaky breath, his face doesn't falter.

"We're together. We're dating" 

Jean stands up now clutching his stomach.

Eren's face visibly drops "you've got to be fucking kidding me. How long?"

I don't say anything, looking at the floor. The guilt too much to bare.

"HOW LONG?" He shouts and I flinch, stumbling back into Jean's chest.

"Since the summer. A little bit after we went to Armin's" Jean answers for me.

He's on him again, reaching over me and grabbing at the back of his neck.

He throws a punch straight to his face.

"Eren stop please" I beg him

"You've been fucking my little sister behind my back? You manipulated her into thinking you're in a relationship just so you could fuck her like you fuck all those other sluts?" Another punch is thrown, this time to his jaw.

I sob into my hands, where is everyone? Why is no one coming to help?

He doesn't hit back. Not at all. He stands there and lets Eren throw punch after punch, his nose bleeding and his eyes already bruising.

"Go on tell her how many other people you're seeing behind her back, tell her!" He shouts through gritted teeth.

Jean brings his arms up to protect his head, letting Eren attack him.

Suddenly Armin's bursting through the door, Reiner not far behind.

They run to him straight away, trying to prise Eren away.

"Go on, fucking tell her Jean. We both know you don't actually want to be with her. You're just fucking using her to get over your little crush"

Reiner manages to tear him away, but doesn't manage to shut him up.

His words hurt. They sting like a hot poker iron against my skin.

I'm suddenly hyper aware of my surroundings, everyone is in the room. A shocked expression on their faces.

"I LOVE HER!" Jean shouts, dropping to his knees, his energy to hold himself up completely gone.

A hand comes up to cover my mouth, tears flowing out.