24 | teach me how to play

I recommend it's not living (if it's not with you) by the 1975 for this chapter. You'll know when to play it ;)

After that weekend, things got busy again. I haven't seen Jean since the day after that horrible experience took place.

It's not that I didn't want to see him, he was just always in the campus studio and I was always in library reading up on a few things for my course.

We didn't even get to resume the bet. After we fell asleep we kind of just forgot about it, until he text me about it, telling me he hasn't forgot and he will make me cry.

I can't get him off of my mind. Even now. I'm sat with Eren eating lunch, something we haven't done in a while.

"Hey so what are your plans for after uni?" I ask him as I chew on my sandwich.

"Well I didn't really have anything set up but a few weeks ago Jean mentioned something about the band trying out for some record companies or something. I agreed because I don't know what I want to do. I just know I don't want to be stuck in an office for the rest of my life. I want the freedom to do anything I want"

I knew he was going to say that but, I still try to encourage him "This big news though! What if you actually pass the audition? My big brother would be in a famous band that's cool"

"Yeah it is but I don't know if my drumming is good enough" he states as he takes a swig of his drink.

"Nah come on Eren. You know your drumming is good enough. You've been practicing for years. Besides, if you don't pass the audition, I'm here, I'll create a back up plan for you" I smile at him.

"Thanks sis" he smiles back.

His phone dings and he picks it up to check.

"Oh shit I gotta go y/n. Armin needs help with something. I'll text you later" he says whilst messing up my hair and jogging away.

Great I'm all alone again. I'll text Jean and see what he's doing. 

Me
What are you doing?

Jean
In the studio still, you okay?

Me
Eren left me to eat on my own so I'm gonna go home

Jean
Don't go home wait for me there and I'll come get you
You can come to mine

Me
I'll meet you half way

________

I'm sat in his studio at home with him whilst he strums away at his guitar stopping every so often to write the notes down. I'm sat mindlessly scrolling my phone, glancing at him from time to time.

"Hey I wanna play you a song. It's cringe but it reminds me of you" he looks up towards me.

"Go ahead" I smile at him.

He switches his acoustic for his bass and begins to strum.

"Danny ran into some complications"

I know this song. It was in the playlist he made me.

"And all I do is sit and think about you if I knew what you'd do. Collapse my veins wearing beautiful shoes. It's not living if it's not with you"

He looks me in the eyes every time he sings, a small smile playing on his lips.

I smile back at him, joy overtaking me. His voice is heavenly.

"All I do is sit and drink without you if I choose then I lose. Distract my brain from the terrible news. It's not living if it's not with you"

I mouth the lyrics as he sings to me. He smiles brighter at me. His fingers effortlessly strumming the strings.

His eyes glisten as he watches me.

"It's not living if it's not with you. It's not living if it's not with you"

And then he finishes. I clap my hands together.

"You never fail to amaze me Jean that was beautiful" I walk over to him.

"Thank you baby" he puts his guitar down, welcoming me onto his lap.

"If you have time I want you to teach me how to play" I say

"Already been thinking about that. I've got so much stuff planned for us" He moves his face into my neck.

"And I can't wait to do it all with you" I play With his hair.

"You wanna go grab something to eat?" He says pecking my neck.

"Yeah what do you want?" I pull away from him so that he looks up.

"You wanna get Chinese food?" He asks

"Yes oh my god. Chinese food sounds so good right now" I stand up and pull him up with me.

"Come on then" we walk out of his studio.

______

"I spoke to Eren about the auditions today" I say as I grab a spring roll from the middle of the table.

"What did he say?" Jean asks, sitting in front of me.

"He didn't have a plan to start with but he does now that you told the band about it. I also said I'd help him out if he needed it"

The sinking feeling in my stomach comes back.

"Jean I feel awful. I want to tell him about us so bad but I don't want to hurt his feelings"

"Baby you can tell him at any time. I'll be there for you. Whenever you're ready" he grabs my hand from across the table.

"I'll tell him once I've mustered up the courage" I breathe out.

"I know you hate lying to him and I know he doesn't particularly think I'm the best option for you but once he sees you happy, I think he'll be okay" he reassures me.

"I know I just don't want this to whole thing to tear us apart"

"It won't I promise you" he squeezes my hand.

"Okay. I'll tell him soon. I think it'll hurt him more when he finds out how long we've been dating for. I tell him everything and the fact that everyone has known this whole time except from him, I just don't know how he'll react"

"Stop stressing about it for now, you don't have to tell him yet. Not right now anyway"

I give him a small smile before I bite into my spring roll.

I'll tell him soon. 

________

Guys I have another idea for a fic but I'll maybe start it after this one is finished so I don't have too much on my plate.

Who would you want it to be about?

Thanks for reading<3