Gone.

This chapter is sad and heartbreaking and long;(

Y/n POV
We were hiding as helicopters roamed the sky, I crashed down next to Thomas and gally, trying to catch my breath,my stomach hurt a bit now and it began to worry me. "Safe to say they're pissed" gally whispers in between breaths.

"How far are the tunnels" Thomas asks and his gaze turns to me, he looks at my stomach and then up at my eyes. "Are you ok to keep going? Do you want to stop" he asks me, I shake my head, knowing that if we stopped they would catch us.

"Uh..maybe twelve blocks from here" gally speaks but is interrupted by newts excessive coughing, I crawl over to him, placing myself next to him. I rub my hand over his back "you're alright, just catch your breath" I smile, he must be out of breath from all the running I think to myself.

"We can make it" gally speaks to Thomas, he spoke with a lower tone this time as they both looked at newt with sad expressions on their faces. I furrow my eyebrows at them "he's fine, he just needs to catch his breath" I reassure them that everything will be fine.

Minho shuffles over to Thomas and gally, they start whispering in their own conversation.

"You need some water?" I ask newt as he tugs at his clothes, trying to loosen them a bit. He shakes his head at me "I'll be fine love, don't worry about me, are you doing ok" I nod at him and lean closer to his lips, I kiss him with passion, it's been a long time since I had done that. His hands run through my hair and down my waist. I pull apart smiling at him "how I've missed that" I laugh and he laughs along with me, "I love you so much y/n, just remember no matter what happens, I love you so much" he looks in my eyes with a serious expression before starting to cough again.

Thomas comes over and helps him up "come on buddy, we've got to go" newt stands to his feet and begins stumbling around , luckily Thomas catches him and helps maintain his balance.

We make it about 10-15 feet before newt crashes up the floor, sitting up against the wall. His head leans back and black bile begins to fall out of his mouth.

I drop to my knees next to Thomas "please.. tell me it's not what I think, please tell me" my voice shaky and scared. Thomas just stares at me blankly before looking back at newt, "come on newt, we've got to get up, look you're scaring y/n" he grabs newt by the collar and tries to help him up but newt stops him.

"No thomas stop" he speaks softly at first, I decide to try and help him up but he grabs my arms, he pulls off his necklace and puts it in my hands "just take it.."

"JUST TAKE IT" he yells, causing my eyes to tear up and I sit back down on the floor holding his necklace to my chest, I couldn't believe it, he was in pain I knew he was as he winced at every breath.

"Please.." he begun "please Tommy.. don't let her see" he begged. My heart felt like it had been ripped from my chest, my whole body ached. The pain I was feeling was horrendous, I couldn't shut it out.. no matter how hard I tried. I didn't know what to do, my heart was shattered into pieces, watching him in pain killed me and there was nothing I could do.

Tommy nods at him and begins to lift his arm over his shoulder, signalling for me to help. "But first.. you've got to give it all you've got, we're gonna make it to Brenda, she has the serum ok just hold on" he grunted while trying to lift newt up onto his feet.

I lifted newts other arm around my shoulder and he tries to stand on his feet, walking with us for a little bit. Out in the open was fire.. cars were set a light, and people were running in fear for their lives. Newt stops walking and we almost drop him, we manage to pick him up and drag him through some broken glass.

His breaths start to sound harsh.. more like  growls, he collapses out of our hands. I watch as he hits the floor, "newt come on please! Please!!" I cry at him, begging him to just hold on.

Thomas grabs him by the underneath of his arms and I grab him by his legs, trying to drag him just a little bit further.

By this point tears were streaming down my face, I couldn't describe how I felt.. it's just something I never thought I'd feel in my whole life, my world was falling apart in front of me and there was nothing I could do too stop it.

Newt had stopped breathing.. I began to collapse but Thomas caught me, dragging me too my feet, I felt so numb. He begins to walk off with me, trying to make me feel better. We stop for a minute as we hear low growls from behind us.

We turn back around to see newt rising on his feet, I cling to Thomas for safety. "Newt" he calls out softly, hoping that deep down he was still in there. But there was no answer..