The interruption

Y/n POV

It was only me , Chuck and newt gathered at the door this morning, pretty much everyone else had lost hope that anyone would survive the night in the maze.

I watch in horror as the doors open to reveal no one standing behind them. My heart drops.. my brother, my friends, people I consider my family, they're gone. I cry into newts shoulder, hugging him tightly.

"Wait!! Look!" I lift my head to see Chuck jumping in joy pointing down the walls of the maze. I peer round to see Minho and Thomas dragging albys unconscious body towards the glade, A feeling of joy sprung through my body. "Medjacks! Someone get medjacks!" Minho yells at us, I help bring in albys body laying him on the ground.

"What happened?!" I ask looking at the exhausted boys. "He was stung.." Minho lifts up albys t shirt revealing a nasty gash, veins shooting up from it discolouring his skin. I gasp , bringing my hand to my mouth, unable to process what he just told me. Alby was stung? During the day?, the thought of Alby going mental trying to kill us ran through my mind, he was always the calm one, I can't imagine him like that.

I watch as the medjacks take him away towards the hut. "You shucking idiot!! What was you thinking?! Going into the maze" I punch Thomas in his arm continuously. "Hey hey calm down I was doing what I thought was right" I lower my fists and pull him into a hug. "Dont do that again ok?" I snuggle closer to him. "I won't I promise"
-
Gally had called a gathering to discuss Thomas' punishment for going into the maze, with Alby gone and newt being Thomas' friend, gally had taken control.

"I say we banish him" my head spins round at gally "banish him? He saved albys life!" I growl.
"I agree, I was scared, I left Alby and Thomas stayed and helped hide him" everyone's gaze turns to Minho. "I say he goes into the slammer, 1 day with no food" everyone begins to agree with newt apart from gally. "Seriously newt? Is that it?" Anger fills his eyes , I can see his fist starting to clench "no, I say we also make him a runner" my eyes grow wide at his words, my own brother a runner?

Gally began to speak, stopping at the familiar sound blasting through the glade. "The box? It's coming back up?" I ask, "yeah and too soon!" Gally runs through the door, others following behind him.

I run to the box watching as newt jumps down inside "holy.. it's another girl" Chuck murmurs.
"What's the inside her hand newt?" I point towards the crumpled piece of paper wedged in her hands. He carefully pulls it out before reading it "she's the last one... ever" he looks back up at us "what's that supposed to mean?". The girl jolts up looking at both me and Thomas "y/n , Thomas, it's coming to an end" I watch as she falls back down laying in the same position she came up in.

Glances spread through the glade to me and Thomas.

"Do you recognise her..?" Thomas asks me

"No do you.."

He shakes his head "something about her though.. seems familiar"

I look back down to the unconscious girl , what does she mean 'it's coming to an end'. I'll have to wait till she wakes up to find out.
-
I was sitting near the deadheads, up on a tower , my legs swinging off the top. I needed time to clear my head, everything was going so good until Thomas got himself stuck in the maze, he's a runner now but the thought of him out there makes my stomach churn.

"Y/n you up here?" That British accent always soothes me. "Yeah I'm here" I listen to the fumbles of newt climbing up the ladder.
"You missed dinner.. is everything ok?" He sits himself next to me, placing a hand on my leg.

"Yeah I just wanted time to myself" I smile placing my hand on top of his.

"I haven't seen much of you today, I've missed you.." I look over to him, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, a bright red colouring his cheeks. I turn to face him "I missed you too" I look down at our hands still touching.

"I like you!" I blurt out, unable to catch my words before they slip out of my mouth. He looks up at me his mouth open like he's just seen a ghost. "I.. I like you too y/n" butterflies swarm my stomach, he likes me too?!

Redness consumes my cheeks as I look up at him., he bites his lip, looking up at me and then down to my lips, asking my permission. I smile and nod, watching him lean in.

"Newt!! Is she up there" we quickly pull away to the sounds of chucks voice yelling up at us.

"Damn it shank.." I hear newt mutter, thinking I couldn't hear him. "Yeah I'm up here, just coming down now" I shout down to him. I smile to myself, getting on my feet and helping Newt up too. "See you tomorrow then" I stand up on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. Leaving it glowing red before I make my way down the ladder and towards bed.

Tomorrow was going to be interesting..