Chapter seventy three

Start from the beginning

As soon as I could I pulled my hand away from her, looking at it for a moments as though it wasn't mine. When I glanced back I caught sight of the light bruising round her wrist and my heart sank. I vowed never to hurt her, I swore on my life I'd only protect her, yet here we were...

"...(y/n) I'm so sorry, I, I didn't mean to..." I began saying while hesitantly reaching out towards her, not wishing to scare her after what just happened. Still holding her sore wrist my dear Angel lightly shook head while keeping her eyes lowered.

"No...it's okay Anakin...I deserve it anyway." She replied quietly still without looking up to meet my eyes. Something felt wrong, she, she was hiding something from me. (Y/n) was the one who wanted complete clarity between us, what would she possibly have to hide from me.

What was going on...

"(Y/n), be honest with me...what happened, did something happen? Did the council find you? Did they hurt you?" I began to question as a whole ocean of thoughts washed through my mind, terrible ideas of what could've gone wrong. There were so many possibilities - like my nightmares, oh gosh my nightmares. She's going to die, I have to protect her - Korriban, I had to go to Korriban.

"No no Anakin, everything's fine, everything's completely fine you don't need to worry about a thing." (Y/n) insisted but I was no longer listening, not even as I felt her hands take mine. No my thoughts were occupied by my returning memory, eyes widened in shock as the previous night or perhaps the night of a few weeks ago, who knew how long it had been.

Flashback

I was asleep on the couch, and it had been dreamless until a point. That point being when my nightmares began.

It started like always, with (y/n) screaming in a hospital bed, her face contorted in agony as her hand clutched mine tightly. There were tears in her glassy eyes as she looked up towards me, thee tears echoed in my own eyes. Yet again she was dying right before me, I could feel the life fading from her.

As her eyes closed the lights in the room dimmed down and a cackling laughter echoed through the room. The sound made my blood run blood, dread filling my heart as I felt my beloved turn to ash right before me.

'You loose Skywalker, she will be lost in a month...it was foretold for years now that the child of Okarius would be lost...enjoy your happiness while it lasts.'

That was the moments I snapped, I just spiralled and began to panic. I wouldn't loose her, I couldn't let those words become true.

I'd do anything to protect her.

When I woke up I remember running man hands through my hair and just thinking how precious that woman was to me, how much I loved and cared for her, how I wanted to be with her until we were both old.

I wanted to build memories with this woman, to cherish her for the rest of our long long lives.

I wouldn't loose her to some stupid prophecy.

So I walked to the kitchen door and leant there in the frame, forming my plan of all I would do to save her. I was willing to search any corner for an answer. Even if it meant diving into the techniques of the dark side, I knew I had to do what I could in order to save her. I remember she looked so beautiful stood there before me, my Angel, so perfect.

That's when she turned to me, and I began to explain what I had to do, what I'd do to protect her.

Flashback ends

"...you knocked me out?" I questioned while looking to her, not quite believing she'd had it in her to do something so S drastic. All I wanted to do was protect her, didn't she understand that?