Forty-four

-Doffy, distract Magellan for a bit more. We shouldn't risk an all-out battle now. I think I can make us enough time to escape! -you shout, fighting to control the raw power of your Devil Fruit.

The gleams return to your skin slowly. It starts glowing lilacly from them.

My Fruit is much different from his. His awakened power affects his environment, but mine is still using the memories and emotions from my own mind while doing it.

Doflamingo glances at your injured legs and arms but nods.

-Be careful. -he growls, pulling himself to the air again.

He trusts me.

Doffy sends his clone to the stairs to prevent the appearance of more enemies.

I have to collect everything.

I'm still not fast enough to use my katana against Fujitora, and useless against Magellan's poison. But if I can do the same as a few seconds before, just stronger.

I can knock them out and Doffy will get us out of here.

I have to.

You close your eye for a moment to bring as much feelings to the surface as you can.

Your hand twitches, as your flowing blood mingles with your Devil Fruit's light.

It's painful to stand since the needles stabbed your legs at many points.

You open your eyes again and concentrate your ability in your left arm. The rays are flying around you in the air. The light looks like a living creature.

Maybe it is.

It wouldn't be surprising.

You grab your katana and run towards Fujitora to help Doffy, who headed to Magellan.

Why wouldn't the Devil Fruit of mind has a soul too?

Maybe it was the shadow that almost killed me in the cell of Dressrosa. But it's not dark anymore, just clear power.

Like a friend that comes and gives me help to protect those who are important.

But as you look at Doffy fighting Magellan and Fujitora getting ready to attack, something crosses your mind in a split second.

Is this really okay?

To ruin this place, to fight these men?

You stop before your blade clashes with the Admiral's.

You don't send your ability to attack him neither.

Something flies up into your mind as your Devil Fruit makes you remember everything that happened in your life and that you felt from others.

The happiness, the sorrow. The pain and the gratitude of living.

Do you see it?

You lower your katana and Fujitora suprises so much he stops his one too. He looks angered.

-You don't want to attack a blind man or what?! -he yells at you. -And what is that aura you have?

Your ability is orbiting around your body like a protective armour before going all over the place.

The rays are running on the ground, on the spikes and to the people expect the four of you standing.

You feel the defeated soldiers' sorrow and guilt. Because they couldn't fulfill their duty.