Four

Doflamingo laughs so hard he falls back on Violet's bed. You and the other woman shiver from the sound.

-Croc, you say? -he chuckles absent-mindedly and Violet nods again.

This made him much happier than it should have.

-Then I have nobody to use for extortion. -the Shichibukai grins, sitting up, examining your face amusedly.

You stand his gaze, lifting your chin. You hate how tiny you feel against his height, especially now.

You hate appearing to be vulnerable because it recalls the night four years ago when you lost the last person who was close to you.

-You don't look much like him though. How old are you, Dowly? -asks Doflamingo, still with a smirk spread on his lips.

When you can't answer, he makes the strings disappear from your mouth annoyedly.

Why are you the annoyed one when you were the one to shut me up?

-Twenty-two. And my brother doesn't know about me. But I wanted to find him for a long time after our parents' death. -you answer, straightening your back.

-Interesting. -he grins.

Doflamingo picks you up by the handcuffs again, walking out of the room. You give one last thank you smile to the woman.

As soon as you're out, you kick the huge man's side, using enough Haki to at least make him feel it.

-What do you want, woman? -he growls.

-I'M NOT A SACK OF POTATO TO SWAY IN THE AIR!

Doflamingo shakes his head resignedly and puts you down, reconsidering his decision about capturing you.

-This is your first day with us but my patience isn't endless, Dowly. Watch your mouth.

-Who's exactly "us"?

-You'll understand by time. But now we have something else to do. I want to show you an important thing.

-Important?

-You're abnormally hostile and dumb as hell, so I have to teach you about this world and its hierarchy.

-I'll admit being normally hostile, but you shouldn't have said dumb. -you snort.

-Does idiot sound better?

-WORSE!

-Great then. -he laughs.

-Asshole.

-Watch your mouth.

Maybe I shouldn't play with him but I have to find the little niceties of life in captivity.

He leads you out to a huge sunflower garden and you try to not show on your face how amazed it makes you. An asshole king here and there, but Dressrosa's truly a beautiful country, as you've always heard.

-So you like gardening huh? I can almost see you walking around with a pink watering can. -you grin, looking at the field.

Doflamingo picks you up again, mumbling something about it would be better to kill you and wait for your fruit to appear again.

And he throws you off the edge of the place before you could say anything or protest.

You fall screaming, thinking of your brother and all the decisions you've fucked up through this ephemeral blessing of existing.

This is how I'll die?

Dying in cuffs as she did...

Just because I mocked him?