Twenty-eight

Doffy's side

-Farewell. -she whispers and Doflamingo shivers, starting to yell again.

He can't decide if it was the woman he loves, or the pain that his cruelity created.

But it said they will leave this world behind together.

Don't leave me!

It was my mistake again.

Why didn't you escape when I told you on that island?

Why is this happening over and over again?! You, lying in my arms weakly when I am healthy and strong?

Why do you say goodbye, Dowly?

Why can't I help you?

How can you forgive me after all this?

His tears are disappearing in her soft hair as he pulls the helpless body up. Doflamingo holds his lips over his forehead, trying to call her back with his love.

You will die from my darkness.

If you only waited for one day.

If only I would have listened to you at the port.

Nobody will forgive me again. You know it well. Even if you could, Dowly...

Nobody will again.

See, Rosi? You wanted to save Dressrosa from me but in the end you failed.

And now the darkness that you couldn't prelude will kill the one I love.

Maybe this is my punishment.

Doflamingo closes his eyes, trying to be as close as he can, hiding the girl with his body.

I'm sorry.

I shouldn't have let you stay with me. If I left you on that island, you wouldn't be in this state.

He gently strokes her cold cheek and kisses her, but she doesn't move.

I hope that in the place where you go, you will find everyone you lost. And I hope you will remember me.

As you said at that little island under the tree, in the middle of the flowery meadow.

When I was ready to kill you but you only said that you won't forget me.

And now, you forgave me.

-If only I could help with it. As back then. -he whispers.

If I can't do anything, I have no other choice.

I will say goodbye too, and remember who was the woman who could love a man like me.

Doffy carefully kisses her forehead.

Almost like a doll of porcelain, aren't you?

.
.
.

Suddenly the weak hand catches his arm. Doffy freezes down as he sees her power slowly coming out.

The lilac light appears, asking for help with the darkness it carries.

-Thank you. -he whispers with shaking voice and a pale smile appears on the girl's lips.

I won't let it kill you, Dowly.

You can't leave me this easily after asking for help.