Forty-three

[A/N]:

I honestly struggled a lot with this chapter. I wanted to write more and end it differently, but I reached the usual length.

We are coming closer to the end of the story and I planned everything.

Anyway, hope you all can still like this one 💫

(...)

Reader's side

Remember what they taught you, [Y/N].

You take a deep breath, tightening your grip on your katana as you jump into the fight.

Stay calm. Focus on your moving body.

Feel your weapon in the space. Feel the opponent.

Your calm eyes find the first target. They are yelling, running towards you.

Taru taught you every night, after the official training at the marines. You were twelve years old. She was sixteen.

You hear her voice in your head in every battle. It makes you feel like she is still protecting you.

Never let your emotions lead you.

Your muscles remember every move you ever did. Trust them.

In the war against real enemy, the worst you can do is losing your head.

Not just allegorically.

You dodge two bullets and slice the man's legs.

You are not a pirate, [Y/N]. You are a marine. Immobilize and defeat them, but don't murder until you have no other choice.

Always look for the weaknesses.

You saw it in the first moment. Most of the soldiers don't use Haki.

But they were sent to this level which's floor is covered with spikes.

They wear shoes with iron sole to stand on it. Your mobility is much better.

Your katana is cursed. Use it! Tell it what you want to do. It's not just a weapon.

It has a soul.

You whisper to your sword while leaning down to dodge a spear.

Attack where they don't expect.

You send the wide range cut like twenty centimeters far from the ground.

The guards of Impel down scream and fall on their knees. The neddles are stabbing into their flesh.

One night, Taru grabbed your hand and cutted your palm open. Then twisted the dagger in the wound a little.

You screamed but she covered your mouth.

Don't make fuss.

She pushed your bleeding hand to your face. You tried to escape but you were too young and she was much stronger. It was before your first real battle, at the age of thirteen.

See it. Smell it, [Y/N].

Taru removed her hand of your mouth, just to replace it with yours. The red liquid flows to your lips.

Taste it.

You started crying and she finally released you.

Tomorrow, you will shed real blood. Cause real wounds.