Fourteen

Doffy's side

-We know each other for many years, Doflamingo. -says Crocodile, lighting up his cigar. -But this is the first time I see you running to check someone's safety.

-I can't lose her now. -smirks Doflamingo, and when he sees the other's strange expression, he continues.

-Dowly will be very powerful once I finish her training, and it will be useful for my plans.

-She is not weak. -states Crocodile. -I saw her for a few minutes at Marineford two years ago too. (Y/N) is a skilled swordsman, and has great Haki. I just... I wish I knew she is my sister.

-Are those tears in the corner of your eyes? -laughs Doflamingo.

-No, pinkie! -growls Crocodile, and drinks the whole cup of sake.

-To be honest, I didn't just send her out to prove you something stupid.

-I know you are not that kind.

-I wanted to tell you. -Doffy sighs, but his grin doesn't fade. -She might not be your real sister. I'm not sure, but there is chance.

Crocodile blows out the smoke from his lungs and smiles.

-You knew it, yet dragged me here.

-So what? You weren't that far, Croc. -chuckles Doffy.

The man takes a deep breath, a lilac-black lock falls to his face.

-It doesn't matter now. I don't even want to know. When I saw her, I felt like she is my sister. I will accept it. Such bonds are not only created by blood. Maybe it's fate. -he says and Doflamingo laughs.

-I don't believe in these things, Croc. I thought you are not this emotional.

-I'm not.

-Then why do you come to me with this talk, man? -shouts Doffy. -There are no bonds.

-Then why did you run in to check her, Doflamingo? -laughs Crocodile and the other freezes down.

-I have very few people in this world who I care about. -answers Doffy, watching the sake in his hand that (Y/N) gave. -But at first sight there is no bond or love in my world. I'm not a good chap, and I only care about those who deserve it. It takes time.

-And what did she do to deserve it?

Doflamingo doesn't answer, his smirk is still there.

-If you have nothing more to say, I should go and find her. -says Crocodile, rolling his eyes.

-You said she is strong, so why the worry? -chuckles Doffy.

-You didn't give her the katana, did you?

And this is when the two men hear your desperate scream, and their smiles disappear in a moment.

(...)

Doflamingo and Crocodile storm out of the little bar, yelling your name.

Doffy flies up, the other man turns into sand to keep up with him.

The people at the streets start screaming and hide in the houses as they see the two infamous faces together.

It takes only a few minutes for Doflamingo to spot the meadow from the sky, and they arrive soon.

The smooth grass is ruined in the middle, and on one place covered with blood. Crocodile looks around with careworn eyes.

-She fought. But depending on this, not with just one enemy.