Chaoter seventy two

Start from the beginning

"Master Kenobi! Can you call my master for me?" (Y/n) called from the other room just as I was picking up the communicator from the counter to call in a favour for transport. Just as I was about to reply and ask what she needed the woman for she called across from the bedroom again. "Oh never mind I found my comlink, just focus on Anakin!" She called across yet again with a strain to her voice from the crying most likely.

"Don't worry he's in good hands - don't over work yourself I'll be through to help in just a second." I called back waiver Er my shoulders in her direction while ensuring Anakin's pulse remained steady. Fortunately he seemed completely fine, as usually he was out for the count while the rest of us were left to clean up.

(Y/n)'s pov

With a bag laid out atop our bed and various clothes strewn everywhere across the sheets where I'd been trying to decide what to bring. Padmè had bought me some maternity gowns which of course I had to bring, but then I was stuck deciding between warm or cold wether attire. I wasn't sure where we'd be hiding yet after all. However the thought did strike me that someone would have to cover Anakin's missions and look after the girls while we were gone. That's when I decided to call up my former master.

"This better be good Anakin you're interrupting my date night at the worst possible moment." The woman growled as she first answered the call. Whoops, this must be Anakins spare comlink.

"Master it's me - I don't have much time so I won't be long I promise, but I need you to cover Anakins missions for the next few days - oh and please ask Nial to take care of the girls." I Instructed while throwing some underwear in the suitcase. Warm or cold we'd still need underwear so it seemed a good place to start.

"Pray tell why would I help that moron." The woman grumbled with a sigh.

"Well you do owe me, you know, for the bar inci-

"Right right I'll do it," she spoke quickly before I could finish, another voice whispered in the background as there was a slight shuffle. "I'll explain later.." I heard her whisper back presumably in such I way I wouldn't hear. In any other circumstance I likely would've blushed thinking about what she was up to but right now all I could think about was getting Anakin as far away from here as possible. "Wait, why don't you want me looking after the girls?" The woman questioned with such genuinely astonishment it was almost laughable.

"Let's see, you scare them and last time Ari attended a mission with you she return with a broken arms and in need of twelve stitches." I responded like the protective mother hen I felt like most days around the girls.

"She was laughing." Kaida responded casually with a small huff evidently not seeing the issue. As a padawan I'd  been the careful one between us, but Ari didn't have the level of responsibility yet to understand not every idea was a good one.

"Yeah well, you let her drive a tank of course she was laughing." I mumbled in response while throwing Anakins clothes in the case and slamming the lid down.

"Okay fine I get it, Nial (y/n) would like you to look after the girls for her for a while, you alright with that?" She asked evidently towards the man in question by the way the volume of her voice dipped.

"Sure I'm okay with that, I'll swing by in the morning." I heard the man say and I media felt let out a breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding.

"Thank so so much, now sorry but I really have to go, I'll call you as soon as I can."I replied but before I could cut the line I heard my former master speak up hurriedly.

"Wait wait," she called through to get my attention, my finger hovering over the off switch as I awaited her further words. "Be careful who you trust (y/n), your baby is precious, don't loose it." She spoke in a soft tone I didn't recognise from her. It almost seemed as though she were trying to cover up some sort of pain...but that wasn't like my Master, not one bit.