🌻 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒋𝒐𝒃, 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 🌻

"with you here, everything's alright"

Caroline put her hand on the paper with the inked feather in her hand, it shakes until she saw her mothers ring on her finger

Caroline put her hand on the paper with the inked feather in her hand, it shakes until she saw her mothers ring on her finger. She deep breathed, and signed the paper.

When she stood she made a final speech to the people of Mystic Falls. "This is something my mother should have wanted. I swear to be a better leader and not cater just so vampire needs, but to everyone's."

Lucy smiled a small smile of pride. Every single royal of New Orleans signed the treaty, loving the idea of Mystic Falls living like them.

Queen Beatrice and King Huxley signed the treaty as well. Then Princess Bonnie and her fiancé Duke Enzo. Elena and Damon, Oliver and King Christian. Some other small royals came up to sign it.

Caroline smiled at every signature. But now it was time for the even bigger moment.

The people.

On the wall of a building stood the saw treaty but for everyone else to sign. If no one agreed she didn't know what she'd do.

At first no one did anything. Luckily Lucy- Hayley and Elijah's daughter- walked up to the treaty and signed her name as best she could. A werewolf soldier walked up to sign the treaty. Then a vampire mother, a sisters witch, and soon everyone from every triad signed the treaty. Caroline exhaled as she saw the growing signatures.

"See sunshine?" Lucy smiled and squeezed her hand. "Told you it'd work."

***

a year later

Caroline walked back and forth in anticipation. An entire year of bliss and now her nerves wouldn't calm down.

Today Caroline would officially be crowned Queen of the vampires.

Now the triads are dissolved, there were no more hostile vampires, no more wolf slaves, no more forcing witches to do anything they didn't want to.

Everyone lived together peacefully. But the royals were still in place in case a meeting went down and they needed someone to speak for the people.

Elena and Damon took over the Werewolf kingdom and ruled with King Christian. They spoke for the wolves.

Bonnie and her husband picked up some responsibilities in the witch kingdom but the king and queen still spoke for the witches.

Then of course there was Caroline and her new wife Lucy. They've spoken for the vampires for a while. But today it would be official.

As she prepared herself to walk up to the coronation she remembered when she walked down the aisle. Lucy was standing on the other end just like she was now. Looking at her like she was the most beautiful thing in the world.

So Caroline took a breath, she'd be okay.

Little Greyson Salvatore and Lucy Mikaelson walked in the small carriage with Caroline all the way down the aisle. The royals and people of Mystic Falls all smiled to their almost queen.

When she reached the end she stepped out, grabbed the children, and walked to Lucy. The children went to their sides and Lucy locked arms with Caroline, Oliver on her other side.

"Do you, Caroline Elizabeth Forbes-Robins, promise to respect the vampires, protect the vampires, always honor and speak for them?" The archbishop asked.

"Yes, I do."

"Are you able to rule in the vampire kingdom with fairness, compassion, and total equality?"

"I am able." Caroline exhaled a little.

"Then I, with this crown, which belonged to the Queen Elizabeth before you, now announce you Queen Caroline of the vampires." He placed her mother's crown atop her head and she smiled widely.

She was queen.

Everyone clapped and cheered around her, knowing hood and well she'd make a great ruler. Lucy kissed her lovingly, "great job, sunshine."

The two smiled to each other widely, just as they did when they got married. They thanked Oliver when he said congratulations and smiled to the crowd and all their friends.

Three years ago she was lonely, and recovering over the death of her mother. Now she was queen, changing things for the better, and had Lucy by her side.

Everything would be alright

🎉 You've finished reading 🌻 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐬 🌻 | 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗲𝘀 (𝗴𝘅𝗴) 🎉