🌻 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒊𝒌𝒂𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 🌻

"i missed us"

Caroline wrung out the towel and wiped Lucy's arm of dirt

Caroline wrung out the towel and wiped Lucy's arm of dirt. Lucy sat in the bath as Caroline leaned over her, trying her hardest not to look down.

"Are you alright?" Caroline asked as she gathered more soap.

"For the last time, sunshine, i'm fine." Lucy smiled. Her mother treated her terribly, she tried killing her...Caroline, and sent her own children to hell on earth. She shouldn't at all feel bad for killing her in self defense.

So why oh why did she feel so terrible about it?

"I uh- I'm glad you're back." Caroline said nervously.

"I know." She replied. Although she didn't say that with any hint of cocky ness. Not even a smirk. She felt the exact strain on her heart. She had missed Caroline too. She was all Lucy thought about before her mind went.

The blonde smiled lightly which made Lucy smile. After her bath, Lucy dried off (which Caroline turned around for and never looked once), and the two made their way downstairs.

The elders were deciding what to do with the siblings  and Queen Kallista's body. If Lucy was sent to the outlands again Caroline would take the two, run away and never look back. She would not be without her again.

Oliver was still being treated, Draco was slowly returning back to normal. He had taken medication but the toll of the outlands was still heavy on his mind.

The girls sat next to Draco and breathed in anticipation. Lucy suddenly felt very nervous. What if she was sent back? She couldn't go back to that place. All the pain...

She didn't even realize how fast she was breathing until Caroline grabbed her hand from under the table to calm her down. She tightly squeezed and waited for the elders to speak.

"In the case of Lucinda and Draco Robins, we determined the verdict as..."

Everyone held their breath.

"not guilty."

Caroline smiled as Lucy looked to them in happy shock. Draco and their father cheered.

"Reasoning; Kallista Robins committed murder, attempted murder, wrongful accusations, and treason. Verdict is determined to be her carcass will be thrown into the ocean, and sole leadership will be handed to King Christian. Princess Lucy, and Prince Draco will receive mandatory therapy along with our apologies. Duke Oliver has just received the cure for his bite and shall return to his duties regularly. Court adjourned, dismissed." The elders told them in loud commanding voices.

They then dissolved into thin air and the four hugged in happiness.

"This is amazing." Caroline smiled happily.

"Welcome back, children." Christian kissed his children's heads.

They hugged him tightly and made their way down to the infirmary as Caroline suggested they go see Oliver.

"Cece! So nice to see all of you." Oliver smiled as soon as they went into the room.

"Glad to see you're doing better, Ollie." Lucy smiled.

"I feel grrrrreat. Like really great. Like i could just lift something right now." He laughed crazily.

"He has the high of mikaelsons blood." Draco explained.

"Ah." They all said.

"King Christian. Telegram for you- it's urgent." One of the guards came in.

"Who's it from?" Lucy asked.

"It's from our troops overseas. A war has sparked between the triads."

🌻