🌻 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 🌻

"maybe I'll see you in your dreams"

In the three days they had left, Draco spent all of his time either with Oliver or his dad

In the three days they had left, Draco spent all of his time either with Oliver or his dad. Lucy wanted to spend her days alone, but Elena dragged her to hang out with their friend group. Caroline wasn't seen the first two days. Either pleading to the queen, or avoiding the confrontation of Lucy leaving.

Lucy had just finished another lunch with her brother, Oliver, Elena, Bonnie and Damon. She walked out to the garden to see Caroline in the greenhouse, sniffling.

"Are those tears for me?" She asked, lightly scaring the girl.

"No- I get allergies to the flowers." Caroline wiped her eyes quickly.

"Really? A vampire getting allergies? I should get you to a doctor, it sounds terminal." Lucy joked.

Caroline scoffed as Lucy sat next to her. "How can you act so normal? In a time like this?"

Lucy sat for a second, trying to decide if she should give a real answer. "I can't deprive everyone of my stark personality." She chuckled.

Caroline scoffed again, about to leave. Lucy grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down. "Because I'm scared. But there's no point in acting out."

"You don't show that you're scared."

"'Show no fear, it is a sign of weakness. And weaknesses, make for a weak person.' Something my mother tells us all the time." Lucy smiled humorless.

"There's no shame or weakness in showing yourself. In fact it's highly brave of you, Lucy." Caroline said, grabbing her hand as instinct.

Lucy lifted her head at the girl, "I'm really scared, Caroline." Her voice cracked just a little.

The vampire leaned her head against the highly terrified werewolf princess. To spend her life in what was supposed to be the worst place on earth, and in wolf form. Her father couldn't help, her friends couldn't help, and her brother was facing the same fate. She felt completely alone. Except when she was with the beautiful blonde who effortlessly comforted her.

Caroline lifted her free hand to caress Lucy's cheek. The sunlight shone through the glass window that encased all the flowers, right between their faces.

"I don't understand how you're able to take my heart in such a short time of knowing you." Lucy said lightly, as she closed her eyes. Caroline was going to respond when she cut her off. "I'll tell you I love you another time. Right now, just be with me."

She nodded in response, light tears in her eyes as pain struck her heart. She decided to just go for it, and kiss Lucy one lass time. It was a sweet kiss. Full of love. But it ended quicker than they both would have liked.

The two girls leaned back in the chair, holding hands and admiring the flowers around them. This had always been Caroline's favorite place in the world. To spend this time with Lucy was such a beautiful, yet heartbreaking time. She leaned her head against Lucy's shoulder, hoping she'd keep her promise of her declaration of love.

Because it was hope that she'd see her again.

But when night fell, sleep had overcome the vampire. And when she woke up, Lucy was nowhere to be found.

In the front of the castle stood the Robins family, and the witch queen. Lucy glared her mother the entire time.

"Turn in your rings." She said, not paying attention to Lucy.

The siblings took off their matching green rings and turned it into their father. Christian hugged them both tightly. "I love you both. As your mind wanders, don't ever forget that."

"I love you too, father." Draco said. It took a moment for Lucy to say it back, as she had only said it three times in her life.

"Enough of this. Begin." Queen Kallista ordered.

Queen Beatrice lifted a hand, slight regret in her eyes, and begun a cantation. A carriage with no driver and blue horses that looked dead, rode up.

"When you get to the border, you'll begin to turn. Your sentence is life. I'll make it so you're mind stays intact for at least a couple months. May the moon protect you." Queen Beatrice touched both their heads, spelling their minds with small protection.

In the outlands, everyone's mind gets affected. Either by lunacy, or amnesia. Sometimes both.

They said nothing to their mother. They picked up their care packages full of food and water- as the carriage ride was long- and said goodbye to their father again after thanking the witch queen.

The carriage ride to the outlands was terrifying. No one convicted of a crime was aloud to ride along. Lucy had bid her friends goodbye at lunch, and Draco spent blissful days with Oliver. The duo's fear grew as they got closer.

The horses stopped abruptly after an estimated two days. Lucy took her brothers hand and they got out of the carriage. The blue horses galloped away on their own and Lucy looked around. It was terrible, dry, and had a bad sense of depression. An immediate darkness trickled down their backs as they stepped their feet on the ground.

"It's been an honor, sister." He squeezed her hand.

"I'll be here when you wake up." She made them both smile.

The moon shimmered and the queens spell set in as their bones broke. Many hours of screaming and turning, more painful than it should be, as the outlands were spelled to set a person to their lowest most hopeless level.

All the hope and light left, as their fangs grew and they were fully turned.

Z