🌻 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒓𝒕 🌻

"funny how everything can change with a dance"

Oliver was rushed to the hospital wing, pumped with vampire blood quickly

"Did you get a good look on who attacked you?" King Robert asked.

"It all happened so fast. I remember a big silver ring, but I can't really make it out. I'm sorry I can't be more help." Oliver said.

"It's alright, son. Get some rest, yeah?" King Robert patted his head in a loving fatherly way.

"I'll stay with him." Draco said, quickly adding, "Because of my medical background."

"I don't think that's-" Queen Kallista began.

"Drac is the best medical back at home. I'm sure he'll be big help to Oliver." Lucy said, helping her brother out.

The queen exhaled lightly and lifted a hand as permission before leaving.

"You make her so angry I love it." Draco smiled when his mom left.

"It's an art." Lucy said in fake seriousness as she bowed.

"He's going to be okay. Right?" Caroline asked.

"I assure you Lady Caroline, he is going to live." Draco assured her.

"I'm putting the castle on lockdown. Do you know where Elena is? She might be some help." King Robert asked.

"Last I saw she was with the Duke Damon." Caroline said, hiding a knowing smile.

The King nodded and left with Lucy's dad. Oliver saw Caroline's distressed face.

"Cece, I'm fine. I promise." He took her hand.

She nodded slightly and Lucy shook off her feelings. "Come, I'll walk you to your room." She held out an arm

Caroline looked to Oliver one last time, and after a nod of reassurance from him, she took Lucy's arm, locking it with her own.

***

Damon hand his hands on Elena's shoulders as she tried to calm herself down. King Christian asked her about what she saw as they all walked down the halls.

"I was walking to the bathroom when I heard weird footsteps. Like someone running away from something but tired. Then I saw Oliver. I also saw a figure speeding away from the scene but it was so dark and I was focused on Ollie." She feels breathed. "That's all, I'm sorry King Christian."

"That's alright, love. Damon, you mind taking her to her room?" He asked.

"No problem at all." He said, taking Elena away in his arms.

Christian turned to Robert. "What the bloody hell are we to do?"

"I don't know. All I do know is, this is probably the same son of a bitch who killed my wife. We don't stop until we get him." Robert responded.

"What sucks is most of the vampires wear the type of rings Oliver described."

"One of our own attacking royals. I've got to protect Caroline." Robert suddenly got the terrible thought of something happening to his daughter.

"If I may, my children are experienced soldiers. I could assign them to Caroline if you'd like."

"I'd appreciate that." The two shook hands. "I'm going to check on my son before turning in, Goodnight."

"Goodnight." They parted ways.

On the other side of the castle Lucy and Caroline walked to the garden. The blonde didn't feel like sleep after such a busy couple of days.

"You know if vampires are getting attacked, perhaps being outside isn't the best idea." Lucy said, the slightest bit worried for her safety.

"Relax, I'm with you." Caroline responded before thinking.

She felt safe with her? Lucy couldn't help her genuine smile.

"Oliver could have been killed tonight." Caroline voiced her thoughts as she sat down on the stone bench surrounded by flowers.

"But he wasn't." Lucy joined her.

"I don't know what I'd do without him." All the memories of them playing in this garden as children went through his mind. The day he came home from battle early to surprise her. All those birthdays when he painted her the most beautiful things.

Lucy wiped a stray tear from Caroline's eye that she didn't know she had. Then dropped her hand down to here. The blonde looked to her in gratitude as she squeezed her hand. "Everything's going to be alright, sunshine."

Z