🌻 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆? 🌻

"then we walked along the grass"

Draco and Elena both groaned when a woman asked yet another cake preference

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Draco and Elena both groaned when a woman asked yet another cake preference. Their wedding was in seven months and they didn't know which part they'd dread more. The planning, or actually getting married.

Right as Draco was about to flick the cake from the woman's fork, Lucy and Damon came into the room.

"Ellie, Drac? Something requires your immediate attention." Lucy said.

"I'm afraid it's urgent- and private." Damon said, stopping the guards from following them.

Draco hid his smirk and Elena visually smiled lightly at Damon. "If we must." They feigned exasperation and stood up.

The four walked out to meet Caroline and Oliver and they all made their way to the forest quickly.

"I have no idea how to thank you." Elena said. "Picking different kinds of cake all day does things to a woman."

"I figured it only a matter of time before my brother wolfed in the middle of the royal room." Lucy joked.

"My saviors." Draco put an arm around Lucy and Caroline as a hug before going next to Oliver.

They made their way to the middle of the forest before stopping.

"Where are we?" Elena asked.

"When Cece and I were little, our aunt would take us here as an escape." Oliver touched the black beaded bracelet he wore all the time and the quaintest little cottage appeared in thin air.

They all smiled and gasped in shock, making their way in the house.

"Did somebody say, 'fun time'?" Draco uncovered a bottle of alcohol from a drawer.

Oliver and Elena whooped as Damon got out glasses. "Cheers!" The group said as they drank shots together.

After a while, most of them were buzzed. Lucy mockingly waltzed across the room with Oliver. Caroline taught Damon how to play cards. And Draco and Elena laughed about their flower choices.

"Who cares if we have pink or yellow?" Draco laughed in a high pitched tone, as if it were the funniest thing in the world.

"It's seriously irrelavant." Elena wheezed, her face falling into his chest.

Oliver introduced Draco to cigarettes for the first time and immediately hated it. After a couple breaths it did become tolerable and Oliver laughed as he choked.

It was times like these where Caroline was reminded of her old life. Constant laughter and fun. No sadness or funerals or almost deaths. Just a semi normal life.

Lucy stumbled outside to get some firewood as night came close. The beautiful sun was about to set and it make for a gorgeous golden view. She stopped to enjoy the heat on her face and didn't take notice of Caroline coming outside and accidentally staring at her a second too long.

"Like what you see?" Lucy smirked, not opening her eyes.

Caroline stammered, looking for a non embarrassing answer.

"I'm only messing with you." The girl giggled. Caroline looked at her in surprise, that was the first time she heard her giggle. "Wanna help me find firewood?"

"Yes." She tried not to sound excited. But was surprised when Lucy took her hand and led her away.

As they gathered the wood, Caroline noticed Lucy's wolf ring. "That's pretty."

"Hmm? Oh, thank you. My mother gave it to me for my sixteenth birthday. You know-"

"The day a wolf transforms for the first time." Caroline seemed to always forget she was a wolf. "What was that like?"

A moment passed. "Scary. I'm just lucky Draco was there with me. I woke up, dreading the whole day. Then the moon came up, and held my hand as we turned together."

"Was it painful?"

"Incredibly. I thought I was dying." Lucy almost laughed. "But Draco kept saying 'just keep going, it'll be over soon. And when you wake up, I'll be here next to you.' That made everything easier. Then I was a wolf." She smiled fondly at the memory.

"What's it like being fully transformed?"

"Freeing, almost. Back home Draco and I turn whenever our mothers being difficult. So we were barely ever in human form." She joked, making Caroline laugh.

She enjoyed Lucy like this today. Having real fun, having a real talk. It was nice. And it made Caroline happier than it should've.

"We should get back." Lucy picked up her wood and waited for Caroline gather hers, before she grabbed her hand again.

Caroline tripped over a wire and Lucy dropped her wood immediately. Her wolf reflexes catching the spikes that would have came in contact with Caroline's chest if she hadn't stopped them.

"Ah-" Caroline whisper screamed.

Lucy ripped the spikes to the group and turned to Caroline, holding her face in her hands and scanning her body for injuries. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"N-no. I don't think so." She tried catching her breath.

"What's going on here?" Elena came outside and saw the girls standing close together. "Ooh. Sorry. I'll leave you be."

***

"I'm telling you, it was a trap made to kill a vampire." Lucy explained to her mother again.

"What were you doing out there in the first place?" Queen Kallista said back.

"Is that really important? Caroline almost died."

"Perhaps there would be no 'almost' anything, if you hadn't been out there."

"My god! Do you hear yourself when you speak?"

"Lucinda!"

"Kallista." King Christian said calmly. "Maybe we should focus on that later, and instead wonder why there were traps in Forbes Castle."

The queen sighed as she and her daughter had a glaring contest. "Maybe they are apart of the defense system."

"We don't have anything lethal or barbaric like this in our defense system." King Robert answered, looking to the wooden spikes on the counter.

"I think it's time to launch a full investigation and get better security in the castle." Lucy said.

"Lucinda, please." Queen Kallista shushed her before she realized she didn't make a sarcastic comment, but a helpful command. "Yes, maybe that'd be best."

Lucy nodded, feeling sparks of pride in her chest. Draco then raised his hand. "Lucy and I can guard Caroline and Oliver full time of other soldiers are here."

"Is that alright with you two?" King Robert asked his children.

"Yes sir." Oliver smiled and saluted to the siblings, making them chuckle.

"I'll call in some people from home then." King Christian said, standing up.

"Bodyguard huh?" Caroline said to Lucy.

"Yup." She smirked. "This is going to be fun."

Z

🌻 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐬 🌻 | 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗲𝘀 (𝗴𝘅𝗴)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें