🌻 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 🌻

'your lips, your soul, your skin, your heart...you'

"Okay I sent the telegram to High King Klaus

"Okay I sent the telegram to High King Klaus. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon."  Caroline said walking in. She looked to Oliver and wiped the sweat off his head. "How's he doing?"

"As good as he can. Until is get Klaus' blood there isn't much I can do." King Christian tells her. "I apologize, Caroline."

"You don't have to apologize, Christian. Thank you for helping me." She smiled weakly.

"Thank you for bringing my children back. How are they?"

"There in a safe space until I can convince Queen Kallista to redo a trial. Bonnies working on a cure for Draco and says Lucy should get her memory back soon. The effect of the outlands took a toll on them."

"It's quite weird isn't it? Seeing them like that." Christian says, sitting back after putting a blanket on Oliver. "All their lives they've been these strong, fierce soldiers. Always fighting, always joking and messing around. To see my children be sent away: weak and vulnerable, I hate it."

Caroline looked down in thought. It was weird to see Lucy that way. Confused, scared, vulnerable. In the time she'd known the wolf, she was always making some pretentious joke or had some intimidating look on her face. There was the one exception when she told Caroline she loved her. That was an intimate and vulnerable moment.

She sat next to King Christian and laid a head on his shoulder- the same way she used to do to her dad- and sighed. "We'll get them back. We have to."

***

"Lucy?" Caroline came into the room in the cottage and saw Lucy sitting on the bed.

"You're, Caroline, yes?" She asked, searching her mind.

She internally cringed, finding it weird not to hear the words 'sunshine' come out of Lucy's mouth every five seconds.

"Yep- that's me. I wanted to see how you were." She sat on the bed.

"Besides the fact that I can't remember anything in my life- I'm good." Lucy smiled sarcastically and Caroline couldn't help but feel nostalgic at it.

"You can't remember anything? At all?"

"Nope. Nothing."

Caroline sighed. Then she took her hand. "I want to show you something."

Lucy was led to the blondes favorite place in the world- the garden house.

Every wall was covered in various flowers- even the roof. Roses, poppy's, gardenias. Her personal favorites: sunflowers. They sat at the stone bench intwined with vines. "Do you remember this?"

Lucy looked to their joined hands. "What exactly were we? Just so I'm clear here?"

Caroline stammered- she wish she knew.

"Not that I'm complaining- you're as sexy as they come."

"There that Robins charm." Caroline smiled- missing all of this the past year.

"What is the meaning of this?" Queen Kallista had fumbled onto them. She put whatever was in her hand into her dress pocket and looked furious.

"Who are you?" Lucy scrunched her brows.

No one got to answer because Queen Kallista dragged them both by the ears into the castle. "Wait until the elders see you. Perhaps they'll bring back execution."

"Wait." Caroline pushed her off. "Why were you in my garden house?"

"The business of mine does not concern you." She said angrily.

"With all due respect Queen Kallista you are still in my castle with no real jurisdiction here- so I'll ask you again: why were you in my garden house?" Caroline lowered her voice and sounded intimidating.

The queen looked at her spitefully. Then she threw her hands up in the air. "I was looking for your vervain. I'm planning on injecting it so it can kill you."'

"What?" Caroline contorted her face with confusion.

"Cats already out of the bag. I needed your father out of the way and my children were in the right place at the right time. After your wedding night with the Duke Stefan, I'd poison you and blame it on him. Leaving me to rain over the vampire triad." The queen explained, walking over to the sword like stakes.

"But- why?"

"Vampires have done nothing but enslave my people and force witches to do their bidding. When I rule- I'll take every last vampire down. And who's going to stop me? My insane son? My amnesia filled daughter? How bout the orphan vamp dying from a wolf bite?" The queen chuckled like it was funny. "I don't think so."

Kallista handed the long stake to Lucy. "Kill her."

Caroline widened her eyes. "Shes not going to-"

"What makes you think she won't?" She turned to her daughter. "The princess is the one who took your memories. Finish her off and get your revenge like a soldier does. No mercy."

"Stop filling her head with lies." Caroline angrily said.

"My darling girl." Kallista cradled Lucy's face. "Who are you going to trust? Your mother, or vampire scum?" She said the last word with extra venom.

Lucy turned to Caroline with furrowed brows. Like she was confused at the task. The blonde looked to her in fear. She realized Lucy didn't remember her. She has absolutely no reason not to end her life.

Caroline surrendered and closed her eyes as Lucy raised the stake. If she was going to die, she'd die at the hands of her love.

But the blow never came. She opened her eyes when she heard grunts of pain. Lucy had staked Queen Kallista in the heart.

"She's not scum, my darling mother." Lucy said in a spiteful whisper. Her voice cracked at the end as she watched her mother plead to her with her eyes.

She finally fell to the floor. Queen Kallista was dead.

Caroline exhaled in relief and fear. Lucy looked up to her with the smallest tear in her eye and the tiniest smile. "Hey, sunshine."

The vampire felt like she could explode with the use of the nickname. Lucy's knees bucked and Caroline went to catch her werewolf before she fell. Lucy rested her head on Caroline's chest in mental exhaustion, trying to asses what just happened.

Z