Chapter Fifteen: All Over Again

As Luka woke up, he realised the small girl in his arms was still peacefully asleep. He looked over to check the time and surely enough, it was 10:14am. He gently shook Marinette's shoulder to wake her up, which was to no avail. He shook her slightly harder and her eyes fluttered open. A small yawn escaped her lips, causing Luka to do the same.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty, we gotta go really soon, okay?" Luka asked softly. She nodded slowly, stretching her arms outwards and clearing her throat. Luka climbed down from her bed and grabbed some clothes before going to the bathroom to get changed. When he emerged, Marinette was outside the door waiting.

She wore a pair of navy blue ripped jeans with fishnet stocking underneath, leading to a pair of black converse on her feet. On her top half sat a cropped baseball tee with red sleeves. Her hair was still a mess, meaning she must have been waiting to use the bathroom to do her hair.

Luka walked back into the bathroom and grabbed a hairbrush and a few hair ties. When he returned, he gently ran the brush through Marinette's hair. He pulled her hair into a fishtail braid and tied it off with a hair tie. When she turned around, the braid sat over her shoulder and stray hairs framed her face perfectly.

His hand fell from her hair and rested on her cheek, earning a small nuzzle from the bluenette in front of him. He released her face and grabbed her hand before the two exited the bakery. The pace they walked at was slow, but neither of them seemed to mind. The warm summer sun was just enough to prevent either of them getting cold as Luka stopped her outside their destination,

"This place is still open? Let's go then!" Marinette exclaimed as she dragged Luka inside the ice rink. The each hired a pair of skates and Luka assisted Marinette in putting hers on before tightening his own. The two of them held hands and made their way onto the ice, skated gliding in sync.

Just like the first time they went, Luka lifted her and dipped her underneath him. The two leaned in, Luka's breath brushing against Marinette's face. Marinette was the one to close the gap, her lips soft against his. Sparks exploded within her and goosebumps carpeted her skin. Their lips danced together, the two of them having no more momentum to be moving on the ice. 

They stood there in the center of the rink, the kisses slowing and getting gentler before they pulled away and rested their foreheads against each other. They both laughed before they continued to skate. Luka carefully taught her to jump on the ice and after many failed attempts, she finally made it.

"I knew you could do it!" Luka exclaimed, scooping her up in a hug. Marinette shivered in his arms, the rink obviously getting too cold for her. The two took off and returned their skates before leaving the rink, making their way back to the bakery

At the same pace they went getting to the ice rink, Luka and Marinette walked by the park and stopped by the gate. Marinette gave Luka a small smile and pointed to the pavement a few feet ahead of them.

"You saved me right there, remember?" Marinette asked. Luka nodded and the two continued walking until they reached the bakery. The made their way back up to Marinette's room and after skating, they both felt tired enough to take a nap. The climbed up onto Marinette's bed and put on a movie for them to watch before their nap. 

It wasn't even five minutes before Marinette fell asleep in Luka's arms just like the night before. Luka smiled, planting a soft kiss on Marinette's forehead before turning back to the movie. As the film continued, he watched as the main character's love interest sacrificed herself for him. He was reminded of how selfless Marinette was both as herself and as Ladybug.

Soon enough, Luka too fell asleep only to find himself in front of Marinette again. She was faced away from him, the darkness making it so he could just see her silhouette. That's when he felt a warm liquid against his feet.

Blood.