Chapter Thirteen: Confrontation

Marinette remembered everything. She remembered saying that she liked the idea of being with Luka. She remembered the first kiss. She even remembered wanting more than making out. But she didn't want to seem as if she was ready for anything like a relationship, because she wasn't.

She didn't particularly want to see Luka right now, or for a little while actually. She felt as if a break from seeing him would allow her to clear her head. She grabbed her phone and quickly typed a text.

Marinette🌸: Hey, can we talk?

Luka🎸: yeah sure what's up

Marinette🌸: It's about yesterday. I don't know if you remember but we got very very drunk.

Luka🎸: i remember. look im really sorry if i pushed your boundaries in any way. it was very wrong of me

Marinette🌸: It isn't your fault, I am also partially to blame. I just think we should take a few days away from each other to fully recollect ourselves. Is that okay?

Luka🎸: of course. i'll wait as long as you need

Marinette sighed in relief that the conversation went well. Luka however, he was utterly devastated. It felt as if his heart had shattered. His time with Marinette was the most precious thing to him.

It was a week. A whole week they didn't see each other, call or even text. In the end it was killing the both of them. Luka needed the fresh air to clear his head. Marinette was headed to the Eiffel Tower to sketch designs to take her mind off of the black and blue haired boy.

Luka threw on a black t-shirt and some blue ripped jeans before walking onto the deck of the boathouse and onto the Parisian streets. He looked down at his shoes as he walked, not wanting anyone to see his teary eyes. Droplets fell onto his shoes as he walked, before he bumped into a smaller person.

"I'm so sorry I- oh, Luka," the person said, seeming almost startled that they had ran into him in particular. He glanced up to see a familiar set of blue eyes and dark hair.

"Sorry Marinette. I'll be going," he stated bluntly before turning around. Beforr he could leave, he felt a soft hand grab his arm. He turned back around to see Marinette's eyes filled with tears.

"Look Mari, you wanted a break and that is what I'm giving you. Now excuse me," she said, his tone getting more aggressive. Tears fell onto Marinette's rosy cheeks, her eyes bloodshot.

He pulled out of her grip a little harder than he should've and the force pulled her to the ground. Her face planted into the floor, a bruise appearing as soon as she brought her head up. She dusted herself off and looked into Luka's eyes.

"Sorry for bothering you," she snarled, walking past him as tears fell from her eyes. Luka officially decided that there had been more than enough events for one day and immediately headed back home. As he got back into his room, his phone vibrated in his pocket. It was Marinette.

Marinette🌸: Just a heads up that I wanted to talk to you about this break we are having

He ignored her message and turned to his guitar. As much as he missed her, he didn't want his anger to get the best of him and scare her away from him. He picked up the instrument in front of him and started plucking strings, changing the original song's lyrics.

All the pretty girls like Adrien
Oh, he really doesn't share
Although it's more than he can handle
Life is anything but fair, life is anything but fair

As he sung, tears fell down his face. His pretty girl probably still felt something for Adrien, especially now that he had hurt her. His pretty girl didn't want to see him. His pretty girl was alone right now. He needed to see his pretty girl.

He almost dropped his guitar and ran out the door. His feet burned as they slapped the ground and sweat formed on his forehead. He jogged to a halt outside where his pretty girl resided.

His heart pounded as he stood in front of her home. His breath hitched as he saw her in the window, bawling her eyes out. It was his fault she was upset. His fault she was crying. His fault that she was so vulnerable for Hawkmoth to play his evil mind games.

He walked inside and approached her bedroom, his heart still pounding. He then mustered up all if his courage to do a simple task.

He knocked.