Chapter Twenty-Two: Fighting Gabriel - Part One

"What do you mean not again?" Luka asked, his voice laced with concern. He put his shirt back on and stood in front of Marinette. She just shook her head, explaining that there wouldn't be time to tell the story. She took the ring from Plagg and placed it into the palm of Luka's hand, giving him a small nod.

"Luka, I need you more than ever right now," Marinette pleaded, hoping upon hope that he would rise to the occasion. As he stared at the ring, Plagg explained everything he would be able to do. Soon enough, Luka replaced his usual ring with the cat miraculous and adjusted his stance to get ready for his transformation.

"Plagg, claws out!" Luka exclaimed as the cat kwamii was sucked into the ring. In a flash of green, Luka's clothes were replaced with a leather cat get-up. The tips of his hair were now green instead of teal and his icy blue eyes were now a vibrant emerald shade. He pondered for a moment, before deciding le Noir Chaton was a good name for him.

The two leapt into action, running and jumping to the near broken Eiffel Tower. Adrien adorned a golden suit with green accents around the joints. His hair was slicked back and his eyes glowed brightly in the night. The familiar purple butterfly symbol floated in front of his face as Hawkmoth spoke to him.

Luka and Marinette hid behind the ledge on a roof nearby, watching his every move. However they blinked and he was gone. No trace. No sight of him. Nothing. Marinette felt horrible having to fight Adrien let alone for a second time. Granted, the other time was in another reality but it still hurt to do.

He was her partner. Ladybug's second half. The yin to her yang. She couldn't let him fall under Gabriel's control. Luka was ready to pounce, but she placed her arm out in front of his figure to stop him. He looked over to Marinette and she just shook her head at him. She analysed the area, scanning for hiding places, places for if they needed to detransform, escape routes and so on.

"Ah Ladybug! I see you have a new friend," Adrien called. He was now on the leant part of the tower. A smirk was drawn on his face as he looked over to where the tip of the Eiffel Tower sat. It hung above the road by about ten metres. Under it, three civilians tied in golden rope.

"Now either you come here and face me, or I jump and crush those people!" He yelled, but something seemed wrong. It was almost as if he didn't mean it. Was it his inner superhero? They weren't sure, but they obliged to his demands. They leapt towards him and stood in front of the akumatised Adrien.

"Help me!" He screamed as he pointed to his charm bracelet. In a flash, he was back to being under his father's control. His devilish smirk scared Luka as he had never seen something so haunting. However, Ladybug smiled at Adrien and slowly walked towards him. She embraced the boy and as if he was back to normal, Adrien hugged back.

"Cataclysm," Luka whispered as he walked over to the two hugging adults. He tapped the bracelet and the akuma flew out of the dust. Marinette captured it in her yo-yo, releasing the purified butterfly into the night sky. Adrien rubbed his head as he adjusted to his surroundings. They were now on the cobblestone street by the tower, which was now standing in it's original position.

"Ma- I mean Ladybug! Hawkmoth he-"Ladybug placed a gloved finger over his lips and shushed him. She only nodded as if to signal that she knew what he was going to say. He very quickly stopped talking and looked over to a now detransformed Luka, who had run to a nearby alley to turn back to his civilian self.

"I plan to have him arrested for child abuse and neglect of a dependent. While the police have him cuffed, I intend on taking his miraculous and exposing him to the news," Ladybug explained. Adrien nodded, tears starting to well in his eyes. As bad a person as Gabriel was, he was still Adrien's father.

"Alright, just let me be there please. There's something I want to say to him." Adrien requested. Ladybug nodded and the three of them returned to the bakery. Marinette played it off to Tom and Sabine that the boys got into trouble in the akuma attack and ran off. She rounded the corner and swung onto her balcony, falling through the trapdoor and letting down her transformation.

She ran down from her bed and embraced Adrien and Luka individually. She was relieved that Adrien was safe again, as things seriously did not seem to be in his favour lately. First his father kicks him out, then he gets captured by an akumatised Kagami, and finally he finds out his own father is the villain of Paris, only to be villainised by him.

Luka was also worried about Adrien, especially considering that he knew someone else used his miraculous. As much as he knew it was necessary that Plagg temporarily take his miraculous to allow someone else to help Ladybug, Adrien felt horrible for allowing himself to fall under Hawkmoth's control. 

The three of them sat in Marinette's room, planning what would happen the next day when they finally stopped Gabriel for good. The day would finally come where they could show Paris who they were and no longer have to hide who they were from everybody. But that would have to wait until tomorrow.