Chapter Three: Dinner and Dilemmas

"Hi Marinette! You and Luka seem to be enjoying yourselves. I don't care what you guys do just stay quiet and be safe okay?" Anarka announced louder than she shouldve. Both Marinette and Luka's face flushed redder than Ladybug's suit.

"Mum! Do you mind?! We are friends and nothing more!" Luka exclaimed, his face only going redder. Marinette felt a sharp pang in her chest that made her instinctively bring her hand up for support.

"He's right, as much as I appreciate his company we are just friends and," she looked to the side, the pain in her chest growing "nothing is going to happen between us," Marinette stated.

What was this pain she was feeling? Was she going to faint? No, she didn't feel dizzy or light headed. Was she dying? Please, she had been through worse during fights as Ladybug. What was going on?

"I'm joking, but you two seem to be having a good time so far. Now, who wants cheesy bolognese?" The mention of food made the pain in Marinette's chest instantly disappear as she plonked herself down in a seat.

She was beside the head of the table where Anarka would sit and beside her, Luka sat with a sad smile on his face. Something was up and she was going to find out what it was as soon as dinner was finished.

The taste of beef, cheese, pasta, tomatoes, garlic and onion all filled her mouth with her first bite. The savoury taste of the beef and tomatoes was evenly met with the caramelised onion. It took everything in her to not devour the entire bowl in two seconds.

A lot of small talk was made over dinner, mainly about Juleka's grades, how the girls' relationship was going, what Luka had been working on, and even the topic of Marinette working on his father's album covers was brought up.

She felt guilty talking about Jagged around the Couffaines. Luka not as much, but it was still a very touchy subject for Anarka. According to Luka, the divorce was a messy process, especially with him always being out on gigs and never being able to get to the divorce papers. It took seventeen court sessions to get him to sign the documents.

As they all finished up their dinner, Anarka took everyone's plates and stacked them on top of each other before taking them to the kitchen. Marinette soon followed to offer her assistance.

"Hey Mrs. Couffaine, is there anything I can do to help?" She offered, pointing towards the pile of dishes in the sink.

"Please, call me Anarka or Mum. You're like family to us. I see how my little boy looks at you. Oh, and its quite alright dear, I'm going to leave them soak for a bit. You go get ready for bed, we have a big day tomorrow," The woman replied.

Big day? What could she mean by that? The blue haired girl just shrugged it off and headed to Luka's room where she would be staying the night.

As she got to the room, Luka was sitting on the floor bed meditating. His usually icy blue eyes were shut and his legs were crossed. His shoes were off and set neatly in the corner of the room.

"Go have a nice, warm shower. I can sense that you're stressed," Luka said, not moving from his current position. Marinette didn't respond, she just went to his ensuite and shut the door.

As she turned the faucets, steam filled the room like water filling a dam. The hot water poured over her now bare body and seeped into her aching bones. The bubbles that accumulated on her head as she washed it slid down her body.

Marinette had matured both mentally and physically. Her once frail figure was now toned. The curve of her hips had widened and her breasts rounded out nicely on her chest. Her face had matured too, her jawline becoming slightly more defined and her features now showing off more of her Asian heritage.

She turned the faucets off and stepped out of the shower. She wrapped one towel around herself before just poking her head out of the door to ask Luka for another towel. But alas, he was gone. She assumed he had gone to talk to his mother or find another lead for his guitar.

Having the room to herself, she allowed herself to change into a bra and underwear before stepping into the bedroom to finish putting on the rest of her clothes. As she bent down to search her bag, a sudden voice startled her.

"Hey Mari, so Mum sai- Oh my goodness I am so so sorry!" Luka was in the doorway, the door closed behind him with a force that no wind in Paris would produce. There were faint giggles outside before they faded along with the footsteps that supposedly went with them.

Luka's eyes lingered on Marinette's exposed body. As gentlemanly as he was, he couldn't seem to peel his eyes away. Her bra was grey with pink laced details and her signature M emroidered into the left cup. A plain pair of pink underwear clung to her hips and buttocks.

"Luka!" Marinette squealed before throwing her dirty shirt at his face.

"Right! Sorry, I should've knocked. I assumed you were either in the shower still or dressed by now," Luka explained as he turned on his heel and exited the room. The door shut behind him and she continued getting ready.

She put her red top on which had black around the neckline, the end of the sleeves and the hem. She also put on her black pyjama shorts before calling to Luka that he was alright to come back in.

"I am so so sorry about that Marinette, Juleka and Rose pushed the door shut behind me and I was just in shock. I apologise if I made you uncomfortable," He rambled apologetically. Marinette just walked up to him and grabbed him by the ear.

She got up on her tiptoes so that she was level with his ear. Although she had gotten taller through the years, Luka always remained that couple inches taller.

"You're on the floor bed for staring so long," Marinette said with a low growl. His face flushed red once more and he could feel his head pound.

"Yes Ma'am!" He replied, standing straight and saluting her like a soldier to his commander.

Marinette crawled into bed first, the dark teal comforter feeling a lot warmer than the crisp air from outside. Although it was summer, the nights got relatively chilly in Paris. She pulled the comforter over her and up to her chin.

She could smell Luka in the blanket over her and she paid attention to the different scents that made Luka, Luka. A slight smell of steel along with LYNX cologne. Hints of sea salt and driftwood were also present as she continued pinpointing scents.

It wasn't long until she drifted off into a deep sleep.