Rivals In Love [Sasuke Uchiha] for haromi

Start from the beginning

It was dark out and the machines in Haromi's shop were still humming with life. Her apron and face was splattered with cake batter and flour, hair a tossed mess, sweat on her brow. Haromi looked over her work that sat on the many metal trays in the back room and zipped up the plastic case around the shelves. Happy with her work, Haromi stopped the machines and began the long task of cleaning everything up.

Finally, Haromi turned off the lights at two o'clock in the morning and walked up to her loft overhead and passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He said yes!" Haromi exclaimed with happiness at the news. Hinata smiled sheepishly, cheeks pink. "Congratulations!"

"Haromi, do you have a date for the dance?"

"Huh? Oh, no, I don't. But I don't need one."

"You should go with someone. Every year you go by yourself."

She shrugged. "I don't mind. Besides, I have to cater the party. That wouldn't be very fun for my date to watch me, now would it."

"Have you tried asking anyone?"

"No."

"What about Sasuke?"

Haromi managed to fight down a blush, just before girlish screams came from down the street. Speak of the devil, Sasuke came walking towards them, hands carelessly stuffed in his pockets without a care in the world. "I think I'll pass," she muttered, seeing the fan girls following behind. "Let's get going. How about you show me what you've been practicing during training?"

"Okay-"

She turned to walk after Hinata, but Sasuke was in their way. "Move it, Sas-gay."

"Why don't you watch where you're going, Ha-pony," Sasuke shot back. The two locked eyes in a heated glare. Hinata watched the situation warily. Even though Haromi was no longer a ninja it did not mean that she still couldn't kick someone's ass. The Hyuuga didn't want a fight to break out in the middle of the street.

The fan girls were watching off to the side, glaring at Haromi. "H-Haromi, l-let's go," Hinata coaxed, pulling on her arm. She scoffed, following after her friend.

"Run away, little girl," Sasuke spoke, wanting to see her reaction.

Haromi snapped, turning back on the ninja. She got right up in his face. "You say something, Uchiha," she growled.

Hinata squeaked at the situation, seeing the fan girls approaching. "H-Haromi! L-Let's g-go!" she exclaimed, pulling on her friend's shirt.

"I'm not running away," Haromi continued to snap. "I'll fight you right here and now!"

A new hand gripped the back of the baker's collar, doing the same to Sasuke and pulled them away from each other. The teen looked up, about to snap at the person, but kept her mouth shut. It was Kakashi. "Why is it that I always have to pull the two of you apart before you destroy the town?" the man sighed in annoyance.

"Sorry," Haromi grumbled, looking away. "He just gets under my skin."

Kakashi turned on his pupil. "Sasuke, what have I told you about provoking Haromi?" The ninja didn't answer, looking away. The teacher sighed, shaking his head and releasing the two teens. He then looked over at Haromi and the worried Hinata. "Haromi, don't you have a banquet to prepare for?"

Her eyes widened, checking her watch, seeing how late it was. "Damn it!" she yelled, running towards the bakery. "I'm late!"

"Haromi, wait!" Hinata exclaimed, rushing after her friend.