He keeps the papers at their previous place and starts looking through the files on the shelves and I do the same. We rummage through the stuff but couldn't find anything solid.

"Look at the middle ones more closely. They tend to cover them with some legal bullshit." He scoffs and continues.

I catch one file with my father's name on it."Look, this is dated six months back."

He leans towards me and reads it."Perfect. This is the real because of which we came here."

I shouldn't say this but I'm glad.

"We just gotta find the one Declan signed two months ago. It is the evidence against all of his illegal activities." He says solemnly.

I bite my lip and remember something."Wait." I pull out the file I had looked at a few minutes ago."This is dated eight months back." I remove the third one after that."Seven."

We both share a look and start looking at the section next to my father's file. We search through it and try to find the one we want.

"Got it!" He smiles and shows me the file."Fuck, we got it let's go."

We rush out of the office and to the window we came in from. Percy bumps out and so do I. I start leading us to the way from I came from. Percy pulls out a burner phone from his pocket and hands it to me.

Once we are away from the house I dial the cops and inform them about the illegal shit happening here and give them the address. Before they could ask for my name, I end the call and smash the phone with my foot.

My car comes in view and I squint my eyes to get a view of the inside. My eyes widen when I don't see Lee inside. I run to the car and pull the door open.

"What happened?" Percy paces towards me.

I hold my head in my hand and speak,"Lee isn't here."

He curses under his breath. We know if Lee isn't here, she is in there. Percy takes all of the papers and puts them in my hand."Stay here. I'll go bring her."

I put the papers inside the car and shut the door. "I'm coming with you."

He stares at me for a second and clenches his jaw. He turns around and starts walking. He knows there is no way that I'm not coming with him to get Lee. I hope she's okay. Fuck, I don't want to imagine what has taken her so long to be here.

I make my way to the window for the second time today and both us jump inside. He gestures for me stop and moves ahead to look down the hall. He inspects for another minute and then nod at me to follow him when the coast is clear. We both start walking, trying to be as quite as possible.

"Where will we find her?" I ask keeping my voice low.

He shakes his head,"I have no idea. I saw her going to the front door. She could have gone anywhere."

We take a step further but stop abruptly when we hear light footsteps from behind. We look back and try to find the voice. It came from the room just beside us. We both look at each other and Percy gives me a nod.

I hold onto the doorknob and slowly open the door. I sigh in relief when I see Lee in the room facing the other way. She tenses and turns around. She relaxes when she sees us and sighs heavily.

I hurriedly walk towrads her and notice her tears."What happened? Why are you not in the car?"

She pushes the photo frame in her hands towards me. I look at the photo and recognise her with her parents. I frown and look at her in confusion.

She sniffles,"This is my house. We used to come here for vacations. This was parents' room. I-"

She sobs and my heart breaks at the sound. I put my arms around and caress her head."Hey, it's okay. It's okay."

I look back at Percy and he shows me his watch, signalling me of the running time. I bite my lip and gently pull Lee away to look at her face."I know it's really hard right now. But we have to get out of here, or else everything we did would go in vain. You understand me?"

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath,"Yeah. Yeah I do."

She puts the photo frame inside her hoddie, tucking it in her pants. We turn around but stop short when we hear footsteps approaching. Percy puts his finger on his mouth and gestures for us to be silent. He opens the door and steps out, shutting the door behind him.

We hold our breaths as we hear muffled voices form outside. Soon, the voices stop and one pair of footsteps retreat. Percy enters the room and ushers us to follow him. We reach the window again and start stepping out one by one. Percy is the last one to do so.

As we hurry to the car, we hear sirens in the distance."Fuck! Run, come on!"

We run as fast as we can also trying not be seen. Till we reach the car, we are panting loudly. Percy walks past me,"I'm driving."

He gets in the driver's seat and starts the car. I and Lee take the back seat. I don't complain beacuse I know he can drive better on this road than me. He starts driving and speeds through the woods. We get so many bumps but it doesn't bother us. We are focused at being as far as we can from that house.

Once we get out of the woods and join the main road, he slows down. I lean my head against the seat and close my eyes. I feel Lee's head on my shoulder and her hand wrapping mine. I squeez her hand and lean my head on her head not opening my eyes.

We stay like that for a long time. When we feel the car come to a stop, do we open our eyes and look around. We are already inside the town and the car is parked outside a convenience store.

Percy unstraps his seat belt,"I'm gonna leave the town tonight. I just need some things."

He steps out of the car and goes inside the store. I feel Lee's lips on my cheek and I turn my head to look at her. She is staring at me with smile on her face. I tilt my head a little and kiss a lips lightly.

"We did it. Thank you for loving me so much." She whispers against my lips.

"Thank you for loving me back." I say nuzzling her nose.

She smiles at me."I never thought I would say this but I'm glad I came here. I'm glad it took this long for me to have my freedom. Because I got you and I wouldn't change it for the world."

We lean pur foreheads against each other and sigh happily. I can't imagine not having Lee in my life. I never thought I would say this either but I'm glad things worked the way they did beacuse I have her. And I don't wanna let go of her, ever.

********

The End

This is the end guys.

I can't beleive I actually did it. I actually finished a book. I'm so happy!

The Epilogue is the next part and that would be all.

If you liked the final chapter please vote!!

-Love❤