"Oh, it was brilliant," Ron said sarcastically. "Bloody brilliant."

"Oh cheer up, Ronald," cooed Hermione. "You made an adorable monkey."

The others laughed heartily, leaving Ron quite pink in the face.

"That's my cue!" Sirius chimed, ruffling Harry's hair and walking out of the room. The Weasleys were still arguing, and no one heard what Sirius said before he left the room.

"Mischief managed, Prongs."

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"Why do we have double potions today?"

Rhea, Lily and the Marauders were walking towards the dungeons, not eager to sit in Slughorn's class for two whole periods. Lily was the only one who was chipper about the entire situation. 

"It's an important subject," Lily said pleasantly, skipping down the corridor. Rhea noticed James' fond look, and immediately smiled discretely. "Aren't you aiming to be an auror, Black? They require an 'O' in the potions O.W.Ls."

"Then that option is ruled out for me," Remus said sarcastically. "Potions and I don't set well. At all."

"W-well, I have no chance at that, either," Peter said moodily, his fingers fidgeting with the strap of his bag. 

"There are other jobs in the Wizarding world," Rhea said dismissively, "I'm sure you'll find something worth your talents, Pettigrew."

Everyone froze.

Rhea kept whistling under her breath, and when she realized the others had stopped in their tracks, she came to a halt. "What?"

All of them exchanged unreadable looks. Finally, Peter spoke up, "You, er," he hesitated, "Did you just say something nice to me?"

Pursing her lips, Rhea forced herself to glare at Peter (it didn't take much effort). "I meant," she clarified rudely, "I'm sure you'll find something worth your talents. If you have any, that is." 

James rounded on her angrily. "What is your problem?" he hissed, glaring daggers at Rhea. Sirius mirrored his actions with brutal hostility while Lily and Remus exchanged worried looks. 

"Boys," Lily cut in, "Now's not the time. Let's go."

"Now," Remus muttered forcefully, pulling Rhea away from the others, a grim look on his face. Once they were out of earshot of the others, he looked at Rhea with a frown and said in a low voice, "I thought we had a deal?"

She looked away guiltily, feeling a coppery taste in her mouth. Why was she being so rude? Maybe the toll of the isolation of the run was to blame? Why couldn't she just let it go?  Her trauma wasn't supposed to be her excuse. "I'-I'm sorry," Rhea sighed, rubbing her temple and yanking her arm out of Remus' grip.