56. Come Back Home

Start from the beginning

"Go get a snack and then go do your homework," Sarena said to her.

Monica came to hug her. "I like having you here Auntie, stay with us forever! Then I can have a little brother."

Sarena rolled her eyes at her but watched her get a pack of peanut butter crackers and a bottle of juice before heading off.

"Why does my child act like she's not my child. She's like a combo Ashley and Tennille, and I don't like it."

"Well, least she looks like you, there is no denying your genes in both of them."

"So, guess what? The house is ready," Sarena said, holding out keys to her. "Ready to move in today."

"Sooo...you're trying to put me out?"

"Bitch, you spent how many millions building that castle, you better live in it!"

"I know but-"

"And no, I'm not putting you out. You can stay here as long as you need, but you need to talk to your husband and stop ignoring him. How many times you gonna make the man apologize to you? Damn! I know you're stubborn and shit, but have mercy on the man."

"You were just gonna shoot him a couple of days ago, now you're on his side?"

Sarena chuckled. "I really wasn't going to blast your baby daddy. I ain't even take the safety off."

"You pull a gun, you use a gun, ain't that what your husband taught us?"

"What I teach y'all," Victor said, coming into the kitchen. How did a big ass dude like him sneak into the house without making a peep?

"Naa, we just talking about her lil situation with her husband."

Victor pulled Sarena in his arms and kissed her. And it was not a little, "Hi, honey I'm home" kiss, they were really going at it. In front of her. Like she was not there. She cleared her throat, but that did not stop them. She cleared her throat louder. Sarena finally pulled away from Victor, wiping the corners of her mouth with a smile.

"So neither one of y'all see me right here?"

"You in my house sis," Victor said. "And I miss my wife and I like to show her how much."

"Yeah baby, I'll show you how much later tonight," Sarena said, and squeezed his butt.

"Ugh!" Kitty said and walked away. "I'll leave you two alone."

"Don't walk away sis," Victor said following her. "Tell me what's up with you and Icee?"

Kitty sat in Victor's favorite Lazy-Boy chair which he let her sit in since staying there. It was heated and massaged. She fell asleep in it many times. She pressed the massager on and reclined it. Victor came and put a blanket over her. Sarena was still in the kitchen, probably preparing dinner.

"Nothing to talk about with Icee."

"You ain't gonna ever forgive him?"

"I ain't say that. I just...need more time to process."

Victor sat on the couch and flicked on the TV. "I just think y'all need to talk the shit out. Misunderstanding. Hell, you two ain't got to know each other well in less than two damn years, now you're married with a baby on the way. Me and your sis knew each other what...five years before we got married."

"That's a whole different situation Vic, don't come with me with that. She was thirteen and you were fifteen. How is this the same? Anyway, I do know Icee well. And I thought he knew me well. Guess I found out we don't know each other so well."

"You know I'm on your side kid. But damn, you're about to have his son. You gotta make the decision if you're going to be with the man so he can take care of you and his baby. You still wearing that ring, so you ain't thinking of leaving his ass, right?"

"No! I don't want that," she said, looking down at her ring. "I love him. Nothing changed in how I feel."

"Then go back to your husband. Work that shit out."

***************

Not seeing Kitty every day was driving him crazy. She would not even reply to his messages. He felt so lost, but he continued sending her messages on a daily. Besides taking care of Tennille, he spent most of his time writing more songs for Kitty. He knew they were his special way to tell her how he felt.

Tennille helped him with some of the songs. She said he was sounding so desperate and begging. He was those things. Tennille felt like he should just stick with being romantic and loving.

"I want to say whatever the fuck I need to say to get her to come home. Period."

"You ain't gotta sound like a broken record. Please, baby, please! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please baby please, come back Kitty, come back!" Tennille said, mocking his singing. "Like, where they do that at? Sound like them old school cats that begged and called that singing."

"Did you just diss all the 90s music?"

"I'm just saying, you can still make good music and express how you feel."

Icee looked around to see who she was talking about. Last he knew, he had a number one album that he one hundred percent wrote himself, while she had an album that was one hundred percent written by other people.

"When you write a hit record lil sis?"

"I mean, I ain't gotta write a song to know when a song good. Bro, get out your head and write Kitty a great song that will bring her ass back to you."

A song was not going to bring Kitty back, but he would try. He worked all day on a song for Kitty and spent all night getting it just right as he recorded it. Soon as he got it perfect, he hit send and sent it to her, crossing his fingers that this song would do the trick.

A/N: So y'all know they about to get back together, right? Kitty out of her feelings, Icee is doing all he can. Least we're getting more songs out of it...I was having no feels for songs.

What next? It's baby time!