Chapter 11: I've Got you For Life

Walking into Tommy's hospital room, I see my nephew hooked up to many machines. "Hey aunt Melia" not accepting his brave face, I walk over and softly take his head into my hands. "What happened Tommy? What kind of trouble are you into?"

Looking behind me, "why is Voight here? He's no good" giving Tommy my famous look, "you will not disrespect him, Tommy. You don't know him personally, so you don't get to say disrespectful things towards him"

"What are they charging me with?" Taken back, I ask him what he means by that "you know they've been trying to take Rafael and me down for years. They set us up tonight, and I got hurt in the crossfire. Rafael got away, and you know I ain't no snitch. I know you can't work my case. So, what are they charging me with?"

Pissed to find out that Tommy is still with Rafael, "I thought I told you to be careful Tommy? Still hanging with Rafael?"

"He's all I got besides you Meila, you did everything you could for me without putting your sons in danger. I respect you for that. But, Rafael is like my brother. And I'll always have his back like he's got mine."

Knowing that Tommy is too far gone, I give him a hug and promise to be back tomorrow. "I'll find out the charges and tell you tomorrow, you behave and call me if there's any change"

Nodding to me, I kiss his forehead one more time before leaving the room after Hank.

——

Hank and Amelia sit in silence in the car. Not wanting the man to be in the dark, or have questions, Amelia decided to tell him. "Tommy is my sisters' son. She died a few years ago and I promised to look after him"

Not wanting an explanation from her, "Amelia, I don't care. You don't have to explain yourself or your family's history"

Turning toward him in her seat, "but I do Hank. How can you expect to be with me, if I'm not one hundred percent honest with you? I never want to keep Tommy away from you. I was going to tell you at some point, but I see him once every blue moon."

Frustrated that Hank wants to act like them visiting Tommy never happened, "I know Tommy had a rep here. I refuse to take his case cause' no matter what, someone will think I'm showing him favoritism."

Sighing, Hank takes her left hand and intertwined it with his right, "I trust you Amelia, and I knew you would tell me when you were ready. We've built our relationship off of trust and love, and I'd like to think I know you"

Sitting back in her seat, Amelia tries to rest. "Hank?"

"Yes, sweetheart?" Not opening her eyes, or making quick movements, "did we just leave all nine at home, with either of us to play referee?"

Smiling, "we did, hopefully, Jay and Kevin are the referees until we get back. They probably already made up"

"If only you knew"

——

Walking into the house Amelia hears Kelly and Adam arguing "you're an ass, Kelly! Get off of me!"

Entering the den, Amelia sees that everyone is sitting on the couches, watching Kelly and Adam beat the shit out of each other "you're just mad that mom loves me more!"

Jay is the one to pipe up this time, "actually, it's Justin and Will." Kevin agreed with Jay, "but she'll swear that she loves us all the same"

Will looks to his brother in disbelief, "she actually loves you more Jay, you guys have the most in common"

Hank wraps his arms around her waist, "how about we leave em' be?" Nodding, Amelia leads Hank up to their room.

Knowing that Kelly and Adam are liable to break something, Amelia is in for a treat in the morning.

His Saviorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें