Chapter 34

Scarr, Uncle William, Old Nick and I went to the warehouse. Robert drove us there along with the guard that gave us the note earlier.

We have all been sitting in silence, not even muttering anything. I have been in Scarr's embrace ever since we entered the car. I was a bit depressed about the house and what the Sorentos have done.

More-so, I was pissed at Uncle for not saying something as important as the fake death of a Sorento member. It's crucial and now we're paying for it.

"Why did you keep it to yourself?" Scarr speaks interrupting the silence we were in. Uncle looked at him confused, but then he looked at me and he sighed deeply. "It happened around the time we got Luna from the orphanage...I didn't want to risk her safety." he answered and madness roamed my body.

I released myself from Scarr's arms on my waist, "so for 23 years you have been keeping this quiet?" I question him. I was beginning to doubt Uncle's way of handling things. "I'm sorry, but they were looking for something to take me down with and if keeping this and you a secret was going to keep us all alive, then so be it." he answers and for a second I see pain in his eyes.

"This has something to do with my father?" I say and him and Old Nick look at each other, then they look at me. "They killed your father the day your mother left to take you to the orphanage." I saw how his eyes closed and how he breath in deeply. I knew they were closed.

"It's okay now...shit happens. Now we have to deal with this fucker and I expect you to be in your best game." I say and he smiles at me.

Scarr then wraps his arms around my waist again and he looks down at me. He winks and I feel my inside turn into mush.

Not now Scarr...not now.

I lay my head on his chest just embracing the heat that's radiating from his body onto me. It helped relax the tension and madness in my body. "Thank you" I tell him and he just nods, knowing exactly what I meant.

He then tilts my head up so that our lips are just centimeters away from each other, he places his hand on my cheeks, using his thumb to brush it lightly. He leans in and kisses me.

I don't know for how long or how short we kissed but every time he does, it melts me inside and it makes me fall in love with him. Even in the most difficult situations, he manages to make me happy. His touch alone makes me forget about any sort of pain I'm going through and that sparkle from his eyes, makes me forget where I'm standing and it takes me to a whole other universe.

"okay stop eating my niece" I hear Uncle William say and Old Nick laughs at him. Scarr keeps his lips on mine for a few more seconds before retracting his face from mine. "Let's kick some ass Preciosa." I smile at his words and that damn nickname.

"I suggest you don't call me that...it makes me horny" I whispered into his ear and I can feel him tense up. He always does when ever he gets "excited".

I giggle into his ear when I feel his grip on my waist tighten. "Such a tease" he says shaking his head.

"We're here boss" Robert says and we all put our serious face on. When we got out the car, Scarr took hold of my hand interlocking our fingers together, I looked down and them back at his beautiful eyes.

"Let's do this baby girl" okay I was laughing at how serious he was...acted like this was some super ass mission, but nevertheless, I loved it.

We stepped inside the warehouse receiving looks from everyone and all they did was nod. Nobody gave us a disgusted or disrespectful look, they all had welcoming glances on their faces.

We walked straight to the office with Uncle and Old Nick tailing behind.

I walked back out of the office looking for somebody. I looked everywhere looking for the culprit. "TECNO" I screamed. "Yes?" He answered and he walked towards me. "I need you in here please" I say and he nods and walks inside the office.

"So, what's up?" He says when he sees all of us.