Chapter 28

We have been sitting in this restaurant for at least an hour after we ate our steaks. We have been talking about anything and everything.

I figured out that Scarr used to do illegal fighting, shocker. They used to call him "El diablo" (the devil)

Scarr stand up from his seat and extends his hand. I took it with mine, interlocking our fingers together and grabbed my handbag. As we walk out the restaurant, that perky ass bitch decided to talk and touch Scarr.

"Nice having you Mr. Diaz, hope you enjoy your evening" she comments while touching his arm, "you shouldn't have done that" Scarr comments looking down at his arm. Damn right she shouldn't have. "Remove your filthy hands from him or I'll cut it off for you" I threaten her and she gulps in fear.

She removes her hand and finally her eyes land on me, "Get back to work before I get you fired" I comment one last time and walk away with Scarr's arm wrapped around my waist. "Perky ass bitch" I whisper as we walk away.

The valet hands Scarr the car keys back and we enter the car, I sigh as I get in my seat, happy that we're out of that place. "You're one possessive ass woman" Scarr comments as he places the car in drive, "Comes with the job" I say and wink at him.

He drives off.

"Where are you taking me now?" I say and he stops at a red light. He grabs me by the back of my neck, gently yet rough enough to make sure I don't move. He leans in and pulls me towards him. He looks at my lips hungrily before devouring them.

I absolutely love this man kisses. They are a combination between rough and gentle. They're just perfect. The bad thing was....he knew it and he knew the effect they left on me. My breath was taken away, literally. I was panting under his hold, but I didn't want to pull away, I wanted more. More of him.

He pulls away and a wave of sadness overpowers me. I see his lips a bit red and swollen. Haha bitches, I did that. He winks at me and starts to drive as the street light turns green. I was trying to catch my breath and calm down the burning and desperate sensation I felt between my legs.

"You okay there?" I hear Scarr and I close my eyes savoring the memory of the kiss. God, I sound desperate. "Yes" I answered and I see him smirk.

After a few minutes, I noticed Scarr had parked the car. We were parked in front of a library. Very ancient looking library. "A library?" I asked. I was confused, yet intrigued. He nods and steps out of the car.

He walks over to my side, opens the door and extends his hand for me to take. I took it and got out the car, pulling down the hem of my dress as it went up from sitting in the car. When I looked up, I see Scarr looking down at my legs, "what?" I say looking at him, he looks up at me and smirks, "you're one sexy ass woman Luna...Estoy enamorado de tus piernas." (I am in love with your legs)

Great, now I'm blushing.

He closes the car door and we walk towards the entrance of the library, "why are we here again?" I ask. "Come on, I have something to show you" he says and my interest is pumped up even more. "okay" I say excitedly.

We walk inside and the moment we step in, my mind was blown away. It was absolutely beautiful. From the outside, it looked like an ancient Greek building and on the inside, it looked like the library from The beauty and the beast live action movie.

"Wow, Scarr...this is beautiful" I say as I tug at his arm. He smiles down at me and starts to guide me towards the left side of the library. We come to a stop in front of the romance section and Scarr was gliding his finger against the books, searching for a specific one.

He pulls a red book out of the shelf, it had no title. Now looking at it properly, it was a journal. "Um...I'm confused" I say and Scarr chuckles. "This is the journal of a man I met in my high school years" he says and we go sit down on one of the tables.

"That man helped me with the death of my mother, helped with the tough times of high school. He helped me cope. He became a friend" he admits. I see his fingers run across the cover of the book and a sad expression appear on his face.

"He committed suicide on my senior year of high school. I regretted so much not paying attention to the signs, I blamed myself for his death. Always being there with him, yet we never talked about him. He smiled a lot, it was annoying sometimes.

When he died they found a note on him. A letter which was suppose to be for me. When I received it, it said he left this journal for me. It had every detail about his depression. I have never been able to read it, I haven't found my strength to do it.

Now I have you, I have become stronger, I can read it. I can see it." he finishes and I feel a lump stuck inside my throat. I have never seen him this vulnerable. He has shown his emotions before, but never this much.

"Would you like for me to read it?"