Chapter 24

"Come in the three of you" Uncle William says. With the tone that he used and the ways he gestured us to come in with his hand, we all looked at each other with a serious face.

"Something happened boss?" Scarr asks, immediately with a scowl on his face. That sexy ass mad mafia man face he does. God I need to get laid. "Nothing serious. Just wanted to speak with you three. Mainly you and cupcake here" he looks at Scarr and I, for once, I get all shy and nervous.

"Luna have you thought about what I've said?" Uncle William asks me. I see Scarr and Old Nick look at me in confusion. "Yes...but I don't think I can" I say truthfully. I really couldn't just take something that belongs to Scarr.

"Why not?" he asks me, I see him raise his eyebrow saying "are you stupid?" and I immediately stand up and walk towards the window that's in his office. I sigh deeply and turn back around to face the three men. "I can't take something that doesn't belong to me" I admit and still, confusion written on his face.

"Okay...what the fuck are two talking about?" Old Nick says and I almost laugh, almost but I'm in serious mode. "Uncle wants me to join the mafia.....officially" I clarify and his lips form an "o" shape. "Okayand why can't you take it? you're his niece" I hear Scarr speak but there's something in his eyes. Almost like disappointment. "He wants me to take over" I say and his eyebrows go up.

"Well....again. You're his niece, what's the problem?" he asks again and I swear I can see desperation and fear in his eyes. "I DON'T WANT TO TAKE OVER" I scream out of frustration. "Hey calm down. Can you just explain why Preciosa" he comes over to me and places both of his hands on my cheeks. "I just...I don't think I deserve it" I say.

"How come?" Old Nick and Uncle William say in unison and Scarr releases me from his hands. "I wasn't raised for this. I wasn't even trained to be a leader." Uncle Willy cuts me off, "maybe, but it's in your blood. You come from bloodline of leaders cupcake" he explains and yet none of his words help.

"Okay yes.....but I know you or my father were raised into being leaders. You were exposed to leadership, I wasn't." I say and his shoulder drop. Why the fuck was he tensed?

"Luna, ever since you arrived a few months ago, all you've have done is be a leader. You have been more a leader in 3 months than I have been in years. You're ready for this." Uncle William comes over to me and puts his hands on my shoulder. "You won't be alone." I sigh and I walk backwards.

"It belongs to Scarr" I whisper, "what?" all three of them say and I speak louder. "It belongs to Scarr. The only way I join is if Scarr is the leader" I say louder and I look behind me to see Scarr sitting on the couch, smiling.

He loves this mafia more than I do, his life has been on the line more than mine. He deserves to be leader of Los Cazadores (The Hunters).

"Scarr is trained and raised to be a leader. His bloodline might not be on the top but he's the second best. Not even the second best, he's better than both of you combined. Fuck, he's better than me. His life has been put on the line more than mine has, he gets happy doing all of this.....I would only join if he's boss and I'm second hand in command" I confirm again and I feel someone on my back.

"Scarr...." I whisper and he turns me around, hugs me and lays his head on the crook of my neck. "I wouldn't mind if you were the boss...with me" he says and I almost feel my heart do turns. "Scarr I can't. I don't want to-" he cuts me off by placing his hand over my mouth.

"Listen...you are way better than me in this leadership shit. Everybody loves you and respect you. You are both a notorious coldhearted boss, but a appreciative and kind leader. You deserve this more than I do and if you don't want it....then at least do it with me." He says and I smile at him.

"Can I think about it?" I say