Chapter 8

Uncle William called a meeting. Everybody was there, for some reason I was there too.

"Everybody I want to formally introduce someone to you." He motions for me to go over to him, which I do shyly yet confidently. "This is my niece. Luna Rosa Hunter. She is the daughter of my late brother" everybody started whispering and looking at each other and at me suspiciously.

"If any of you have something to say, just say it" I spoke not tolerating the whispering. I look at everyone in their eyes in a intimidating way which causes them to shut up and bow their heads.

"Where were you all this time?" Someone from the crowd asks. I looked towards the direction of the voice and it was her, Eliza. I smiled at her braveness, I looked at her and the smile that was once on her face faded away.

"My father gave me up for adoption when I was a week old. Five years later uncle William adopted me. He raised me away from the mafia. He made the mafia a choice instead of an obligation" I explained. I received pitiful looks from everyone, even Eliza.

"Will you be taking over when Boss steps down?" Some guy asks me and I smile at him. "Not really." I say smiling at my uncle and then at Scarr who was looking at me. "That's something I can't really talk about, but I have an idea on who would be taking charge" I winked at Scarr.

I don't know why or how, but I felt such easiness with him. I felt extremely comfortable and honestly confident as fuck. It's a nice feeling.

When I stepped into this place, I felt discomfort and I felt out of place but the moment I saw his eyes and had his body close to mine, and a wave of relief and peace flowed through me.

He smirks at me and disappears from my sight.

"Well now that that's over. I want to speak with you guys about the upcoming mission." Uncle says interrupting my thinking. "Well, I'll leave if that's good with you" I say. He furrows his eyebrows and held my arm, "I need you in here" he says and I nod.

"Scarr where are you?" My uncle calls out and on sight Scarr appears and steps next to my uncle with his dad following behind.

"You may ask why I need them both when usually she's not here, obviously, and Scarr usually doesn't attend meetings." My uncle starts to explain and all I could do is look at everyone shyly.

"Well one thing my niece and dear Scarr here have in common is a masters degree in Criminology." Scarr's face turns to me, looking surprised. "They are both trained as assassins and are the best in the country....and maybe the world" uncle William jokes and I chuckle knowing damn well what he means.

"This next mission involves Los Serpientes (the Serpents). I need strategy and above all these two brains in order to come up with a skillful plan" I frown a little at the words of my uncle.

I wasn't exactly comfortable in involving myself in his "missions" even though I helped track a few things here and there, I was never used to create a plan. I was used to over see a plan once it was already done. "Uncle .... I don't think-" he cuts me off and I get mad. "Don't interrupt me" he says in a very harsh tone.

I know you're the boss and everything but don't fucking talk to me like that. So I did what I do best, I stormed off.

I walked out of the room so quick I didn't give him a chance to call out my name. I saw someone follow me but I didn't bother to stop. "Princess slow down, please" Old Nick says and I stop. Turning around, I tilted my head sideways and rolled my eyes. "What?" I said.

"Why?" He says and I walk up to him stomping my feet. I see someone coming close to us, Scarr. He stopped when he saw us talking and kept a distance. "I can't do it Old Nick. He knows that and yet look at the way he speaks to me. I'm not one of you, he can't boss me around" I say yelling. He sighs heavily and lowers his head.

"I know princess, but it's a habit of his. Stop thinking you're not ready. You've done jobs as an assassin perfectly before and you told me it felt amazing. You are not doing anything like that now...it's just to plan out something" he explains and comes closer to me embracing me in a hug.

"I'm scared that he gets hurt again because of me" I admit.

Last time I did a plan for a mission, uncle William came home with two bullet wounds on his abdomen. It scared the shit out of me because I was so sure no one would get hurt and that the plan was smooth. I wasn't ready to see him get hurt.

"That wasn't your fault pumpkin. He got hurt because he was too cocky, you're uncle doesn't understand the word subtle" I chuckle a bit yet I let the tears fall down.

"I won't do it"