Chapter sixty six

Start from the beginning

Anakins pov

I couldn't help but smile as I heard her words echo quietly through my mind. She was so sweet, the light and love of my life quite literally. My brightest star and reason for waking, I don't think it could be possible to love something more.

"Skyguy! Soka stole my lightsaber!"

Ah, the destructive duo are back.

Turning around I tried not to laugh for the sake of professionalism as I saw Ahsoka holding Ari's lightsaber above her head while the shorter girl was forced to jump to try and reach it. Crossing my arms across my chest I debated getting involved while just watching them playfully bicker for a few moments, noticing as Captain Rex stepped in line beside me and appeared to do the same. Honestly I was curious to see wether they'd use their training or just run around like other kids their age might. So far it was looking more like the latter, which was causing a bit of a stir with the nearby soldiers.

"I said I'd give it back if you got your head checked! Come on you might have a concussion Ari." Ahsoka replied evidently worried for her good friend. I don't blame her though, Ari did take quite a fall, realistically she should be going back with master Kenobi. However the girl had handily dispersed when the gunships arrived.

"Sir should we intervene..?" Rex asked from beside me quietly so as not to draw their attention to us. I shrugged and looked over my shoulder towards him with a half smirk.

"Let's wait a minute, I'm curious to see how this plays out." I replied with a hum before looking back to the pair. Though they probably didn't realise it was now becoming evident their steps were moving in the same patterns as the duelling methods I'd taught them. Actually they were showing some pretty impressive skills even for just messing about. I'm glad to see at least some of our teachings have made an impression.

"Soka I said I'm fine!" Ari complained while trying to sneak round and hop up onto a crate in order to reach her saber hilt.

"You said that when you broke your arm on Kashyyk - and the time you needed thirteen stitches after crashing your fighter." Ahsoka retorted though I was mostly just watching how she casually moved away from the area of high ground and managed to skilfully slip by the other girl once more. Ari pouted and jumped back down to the red sand, placing her hands on her hips as her eyes scanned over her friend.

"Fine I lie sometimes, but I don't need a lightsaber to fight, Fives can always lend me a rifle again-

"That's not happening," I quickly interrupted sensing this was the point a responsible master should step in. Actually a responsible master like Obi wan probably would've intervened ten or so minutes ago but that just goes to prove the point I'm not responsible. I love these two luke my own kids, but that doesn't mean I'm always going to get things right first try.

"The both of you can continue this later, right now we have a battle to win," I added after stepping between them, plucking the saber hilt from Ahsoka's hand with ease and holding it at my own side as I addressed the pair. "Ahsoka go brief the men on the mission, I'll check Ari's head for injury don't worry." I instructed looking to the slightly younger tortuga, watching as her eyes moved between mine as her friend.

"Okay Master." She replied seeming a little relieved and also a little excited to be doing the briefing. I trusted her completely to do a good job, Ahsoka had been there for me during my worst days missing (y/n) and for that I was incredibly thankful.

She trotted off towards our makeshift base which just left me with Ari. Turning to the girl I could see in her eyes she was scheming something. Ari reminded me a lot of myself as a padawan, she was so mischievous, always getting into trouble. However she dead definitely a lot better at getting people to like her than I'd been at that age.