Chapter sixty six

Start from the beginning

"Nothing major general but you should-

"(Y/n), can you tell Ari to get her head checked? She hit it and-

"And she's fine Ahsoka, nothing to worry about." Anakin interrupted Ahsoka who in tern had previously interrupted Rex. My brows knitted with worry as the pair appeared up on the holotable. Evidently my fiancé was trying to keep this news from me, I could see it from his expression.

"Anakin what happened, don't lie to try and protect me I'll only worry more." I replied while looking directly across towards my future husband and narrowing my eyes a smidge. He looked back round to face me and sighed rubbing his fingers back through his hair.

"She fell from one of the gun turrets, don't worry though she's fine, she's already trying to run ahead and increase her droid kill count, just relax alright? The situations well understood control." Anakin replied in a calmly tone, his eyes never leaving mine as he spoke. Relived a let out a long breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding. They were all safe, everything was alright. I didn't have to worry.

"Thank the lords, and you, are you alright?" I asked as my worry quickly passed onto my fiancé. I hated having him fight on the front lines alone, I hated that I couldn't help him and I hated being stuck on this cruiser.

"I'm fine, we're all fine, please stop worrying, I'll be back before sundown, just as soon as help arrives we'll finish this mission and get back up to the ship." Anakin replied seeming to try and be kind and gentle but at the same time formal for the sake of everyone around. There were still a good number of clone trooper from other battalions around and he couldn't afford letting anyone else in on our little secret. Still what he was asking me to do was impossible, I'd always worry about how he was. Especially after how little sleep he'd been getting.

"Well that shouldn't be long. I just saw a new cruiser drop out of hyperspace, I believe it's master Luminara Unduli, be careful around her I hear she's the stricter type." I warned casually knowing Anakin was so highly respected by the other Jedi master these day and just trying to mend some simple bridges so he wouldn't face mistrust in the future. It was my fault there was friction between him and the council so I wanted to do what I could to smooth things over. He may not care about their opinion of him, but I did. I didn't want the pair of us being under the councils watchful eye forever, It would be a nightmare to keep our relationship quiet with them always watching.

"Ah, okay understood, I'll try to get the girls under control I guess." Anakin replied why the others cleared away out of view. At least he was trying, though I could tell he wasn't happy about the idea.

"Thank you Anakin, oh and please try not to be a grumpy old sandcastle about it all." I replied wishing I could just melt in his arms round about now. He smiled that gorgeous smile and gave the laugh I cherished every time I got to hear it.

"How could I be grumpy what you come up with adorable lines like that," He replied with a sparkle to his eyes that the transmutation didn't do justice. For a moment the war seemed to fade to back round noise and it was just us. Just our love. "I have to go now Angel, but I'll be back soon I promise you." He added after stealing a reluctant glance off to the side. Sighing I gave an understanding nod and a small frown. Of course our time was brief, he had a battle to win, I'd merely have to wait on his safe return.

"I understand, I'll see you when you return." I replied while looking back to his eyes and giving a small slight smile just so he wouldn't worry. Anakin nodded before cutting the transmutation, the hologram flickering away to nothing as I lowered my gaze.

'I love you Angel.'
I heard he speak through the force directly to me, causing a tiny smile to ghost my lips.

'I love you too sand man...be safe.'